Why become a member? ×

Jazz

jezzaboy

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Here is my Warmoth fretless build. Warmoth Deluxe Jazz V body from 2011, Fretless neck from 2015. Minor orange juice incident on the front that has not yet been cleaned away.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Photos taken on the dog's sofa with an iPhone and, sadly, almost no photography skills.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

• 4 months later...

1TaPahl.jpg
:eft to right:
2002 Fender Standard Jazz fretless w/ epoxied fingerboard, Lollar pickups & Gotoh bridge
2005 Geddy Lee signature Jazz with Antiquity II pickups and vintage style bridge
1966 Jazz, refin & refret
2001 Blade B2 Tetra Bass with Nordstrand pickups and Aguilar OBP-1 preamp
2013 De Gier Bebop 5, custom order

Edited by BassAgent
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bitsa Glenn Cornick tribute bass. It was inspired by the weird multi-coloured jazz bass he played in Tull's early days. Apparently he wanted a wider neck and the only one he could get was a lefty.
The body was black, I got it on ebay for less than £10 and spent about two years on and of stripping the layers of lacquer.
539898_916311875172919_53730983056369467

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adi77

std mia 2013 now with basslines (duncans) hot stacks

dlx jb MIA 2008 now passive with nordies (sunburst, headstock when it was new)

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

24072010437.jpg

• 2 months later...

My Jazz, 2003 MIM, Inca Silver with Fender high mass bridge, multicolour shell pickguard, Entwhistle JBXN pickups and stack-pot controls I built myself with CTS pots, old Russian caps and cheap knobs (have you seen the price of genuine ones ffs) topped of with HB7 machine heads and wearing Maruszczyk flats

Bass was an impulse off Ebay buy, slapped to death, so needed a fret level and crown and a general makeover so I took the opportunity to go the whole hog and learn some new skills at the same time

Not your usual with tort look and it sounds great to my ears, I'd love to hear a really good player play it

WP_20180603_002.jpg

Edited by Aidan63
forgot somethings
  • Like 3

It looks really good aidan63.      and it’s great fun building your own  this is one I did    it started life as a blue basic squire  I stripped it and sprayed it shell pink   And upgraded all of it  stained and polished the fretboard. I’m a carpenter/cabinetmaker and polisher by trade  it’s fitted with tapewound strings sounds really mellow

24974B97-9E7D-49E8-B6EC-EC4F6ADA08B3.jpeg

D84951C5-050C-41CB-B2E0-7D9091F04239.jpeg

CD6D195A-C194-48EF-93AB-914C255328DF.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I pick up this bass every once in a while and it surprises me every time how good it is. The neck, setup, sound, everything is amázing. Especially when considering I paid only €400 for it. Put about the same amount of money in the electronics (Nordstrand and Aguilar), but still. Fantastic instrument.

l0Jk6wZ.jpg

This is rapidly becoming one of my favourite basses. It may appear in here already, as it was purchased from a BC'er, a J&D jazz (I'm not a man of expensive tastes) in seafoam green (was the colour that made me go for it) upgraded with some Wilkinson tuners, bridge and control plate in black, and a Fender logo (who are they when they at home?). Since bagging it I've replaced the chrome pickguard screws with black, attacked the back of the neck with a rasp and sandpaper to slim it a bit, wirewooled the sticky varnish off the front of the board and strung it with a set of Status Black Nylons. It plays great and seems to be the bass I find myself going to at the moment. Love it. Even splashed out an a nice new leather strap for it :)

chariot.jpg.183529ebd9b5a417858f8e59242c0186.jpg