Why become a member? ×

Jazz

jezzaboy

• 1 month later...

[quote name='weezergeezer' timestamp='1460206003' post='3023608']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=3][size=5]This is my Fender Jazz Bass[/size][/size][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=3][size=5] 1962[/size][/size][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=3][size=5](54+) years old[/size][/size][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=3][attachment=216574:IMG_3525.JPG][attachment=216576:DSC_0075.JPG][attachment=216575:DSC_0070.JPG][attachment=216577:DSC_0056.JPG][/size][/font]
[/quote]

That's a real looker :)

[quote name='BassAgent' timestamp='1465566325' post='3069336']
Those Xotics look amázing! How do they sound?
[/quote]

Really great to my ears, musical and intuitive preamp, great passive sound, I'm very happy :)

Si

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='bassmayhem' timestamp='1419683964' post='2641861']
My old Fender Jazz Bass '78, original from neck up with the exception of refret and new saddle...

The original body is led heavy and literally broke my back...

The new beautiful body is made by luthier Tommy Bizzotto here in Sweden. (www.bizzotto.se)

The body is made of ash and "heavily chambered". The top is flamed Swedish birch. Some customisations: a nice cutout on the back of the lower horn allowing easy access to all frets.
The belly cut is made more... mature for a mature player...

Why mess up an original bass? Well, an original bass that is unplayed is no good to anyone. Due to its weight (8,5 kg!!!&!) it was retired. Then I met Maestro Bizzotto who promised to make a miracle.
The bass is still on the heavier side, but now completely managable. What about the tone, then? Of course it changed, but a silent bass that never is allowed to sing its heart out has no sound at all.
Now the tone is a bit more P-bass-ish but still with the bite associated to the late 70's Jazz basses.

I've owned this bass since '82 and now it is in my fleet again...
[/quote]That is just awsome Wow.!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My two new additions: Sandberg TM4 (just about counts as a jazz 'cos you can switch the humbucker to single coil for Jazz goodness...) and a Squier CV Jazz in Inca Silver:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:235821] [sharedmedia=core:attachments:235822]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:235823] [sharedmedia=core:attachments:235824]

• 2 weeks later...

Just upgraded the Sandberg with some custom Hot Rod pickups (from nick of this parish) and a kiogon loom with a different tone control combo to open out the brighter side of the overwound p/ups. Works really well imho.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:236844]

• 1 month later...

[url="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/mylkinut/media/IMG_20170225_142741_zpszddfycxm.jpg.html"][/url]

Refinished 1988 MIJ Fender JB62 body with a 2004 US neck, finished off with random bits I had in my spares box.

A bit pieced-together but I love it!

• 2 weeks later...

Following a recent P pic I might as well indulge myself further by posting the J as well...

Peterbuilt Lined Fretless Jazz in opal yellow with a cream guard and DiMarzio DP123s. Essentially a custom colour allparts build but i've grown rather fond of it :) soon to be fretted when my new Wal arrives... possibly with block inlays as well.

Went for a cheeky matching headstock too...

Edited by CamdenRob