Why become a member? ×

SWR Workingpro 400 blowing fuses

motoxross

Hi

Can anyone give me advice on why my SWR Working pro 400 may be blowing fuses, normally when first switched on.

My set up is Warwick Corvette $$ in to a Boss TU3, EBS multicomp, SansAmp bass driver, SWR Working Pro 400, SWR Goliath Senior cab.

The only thing I can think of is the the order in which the equipment is turned on. Does this affect amp fuses?
Any help would be much appreciated.

[quote name='motoxross' post='1162950' date='Mar 15 2011, 03:13 PM']Can anyone give me advice on why my SWR Working pro 400 may be blowing fuses, normally when first switched on.
My set up is Warwick Corvette $$ in to a Boss TU3, EBS multicomp, SansAmp bass driver, SWR Working Pro 400, SWR Goliath Senior cab.
The only thing I can think of is the the order in which the equipment is turned on. Does this affect amp fuses?[/quote]You are joking, right?
There may be several reasons but none of them is related to the order in which the equipment is turned on.
You have either incorrect fuses (check with the manual), or they are FAST instead of SLOW, or there are shorted output transistors in the amp and it has to be fixed. Another possible reason is shorted power supply.

Mark

Your amp requires a 4A slow blow fuse.

If you take a look at the metal end of the fuse you will see some writing - make sure it says T4A.
If it says F4A or just 4A then you've got the wrong type of fuse.

If you are using the correct fuse type and are still blowing fuses then the amp needs to go off to a tech (or retailer if still under warranty).

[quote name='icastle' post='1163134' date='Mar 15 2011, 02:19 PM']Your amp requires a 4A slow blow fuse.

If you take a look at the metal end of the fuse you will see some writing - make sure it says T4A.
If it says F4A or just 4A then you've got the wrong type of fuse.

If you are using the correct fuse type and are still blowing fuses then the amp needs to go off to a tech (or retailer if still under warranty).[/quote]

Thanks guys. It turns out I have been using 4A fuses but not slow blow ones. So everything should be back to normal from now on. Thanks again much appreciated.

[quote name='motoxross' post='1170667' date='Mar 21 2011, 01:52 PM']Thanks guys. It turns out I have been using 4A fuses but not slow blow ones. So everything should be back to normal from now on. Thanks again much appreciated.[/quote]

Excellent!
Glad you're sorted now :)