Why become a member? ×

Longest and most stable relationship in my life

kevin_lindsay

Know what you mean, as I`ve now been playing for 30 years.

Though when I think about it, as I`ve never managed to sustain a relationship with any of my ex-girlfriends for more than 3 months, its not that difficult to beat.

I suppose I`m just a free spirit (or mind-meltingly dull) :)

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' post='1162934' date='Mar 15 2011, 11:58 AM']I was just thinking - I started playing bass 31 years ago aged 16 and through all the ups and downs I've experienced in my life, playing bass has been the most consistent refuge for me.

I love being a bassist!!![/quote]

Absolutely the same for me 100% - I started guitar when I was probably about 9 and Bass properly from the age of 13. I absolutely can not see a day when I will stop - a more permanent fixture in my life than a tattoo!

Spread the love!

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1162960' date='Mar 15 2011, 12:23 PM']Though when I think about it, as I`ve never managed to sustain a relationship with any of my ex-girlfriends for more than 3 months, its not that difficult to beat.[/quote]

I never even tried to sustain a relationship with any of my ex-girlfriends, usually because the current girlfriend objected ...

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' post='1162934' date='Mar 15 2011, 11:58 AM']I was just thinking - I started playing bass 31 years ago aged 16 and through all the ups and downs I've experienced in my life, playing bass has been the most consistent refuge for me.

I love being a bassist!!![/quote]

+ a very large 1

Could not have put it better myself.

:)

started when I was 15,that was thirty eight years ago,
stopped completly about 2001,
cant tell you why,it just happened
did not pickup a guitar,over a very short period all the gear went into
a cupboard under the stairs,and thats where it stayed until september last year
dusted of the jazz bass case,opened it up just to check it was ok
,had a little play,oh my bloody god what a complete arsewipe have I been
over the next little while got all the stuff out, cleaned restrung setup,new leads,all that kind of stuff
bought some more stuff,try to practice everyday,have realized that after 10 or so years of no playing
my hands cannot do what they used to do with ease,now its all down to practice and relearning
oh and some lessons when I can get it sorted,
but after all that
I will start to look for a blues or covers band soon,to go back and play pubs ect
as thats what I loved doing most was playing live,anywhere anytime

so if a old giffer like me can think like this,
bring it all on

[quote name='Mlucas' post='1163471' date='Mar 15 2011, 06:29 PM']Well, being at the tender age of 17, nothing that major has happened to me, but I have been playing bass for 3 years if that counts for anything, long may it last too![/quote]
advice from a 46 yr old whos been married 20yrs with 6 kids,albeit have one or two toys to keep sane.....
stick with the bass,advantages are aplenty....
your bass will never complain if you fondle another bass
your bass will age better
your bass will never refuse to please you because you didnt paint the ceiling
your bass will never tell your best m8 hes an alcoholic waste of sperm(hmmmm)
you can own lots of basses,none of them will complain
the list is endless..........