Why become a member? ×

ACG "Recurve" 6

giblett123

[quote name='giblett123' post='1163979' date='Mar 16 2011, 06:14 AM']I think the wheel have come off the technology somewhere, if you've sent a PM through I haven't received it, probably me being thick![/quote]
I'm reply to the preamp thing, yes they are amazing, I'm having one put in my new bass, they take a little practise to get used to how they function but there is an amazing array of tones available, in short they sound stunning!

[quote name='giblett123' post='1163979' date='Mar 16 2011, 06:14 AM']I think the wheel have come off the technology somewhere, if you've sent a PM through I haven't received it, probably me being thick![/quote]
.................that being the case, I'll try again :)

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1171680' date='Mar 22 2011, 07:11 AM']This is even better value now! A great chance to own a bass made by Britain's best luthier![/quote]
They are wonderful basses and this one sounds awsome, I'm not even sure I want to part with it but I have another acg on the way (fewer strings for my duff technique) and with that I will have 7 basses, some aren't getting played and I could do with freeing up some dosh!

Edited by giblett123

Damn .I just got my singlecut custom Bolt-on from Woodtronics basses ,and this one pops out .Mine is a beauty (and far more cost ,say about 3 times ) ,but this one seems so fair for the price. Only thing i dont like is the fingerboard too long after last fret
(i'd like to "slap"more close to last fret), but i like a lot the neck profile..and the bolt on is so similar to mine .Good luck with the sale .

Edited by alexlotta

[quote name='alexlotta' post='1172054' date='Mar 22 2011, 01:20 PM']Damn .I just got my singlecut custom Bolt-on from Woodtronics basses ,and this one pops out .Mine is a beauty (and far more costly) ,but this one seems so fair for the price. Only thing i dont like is the fingerboard too long after last fret
(i'd like to "slap"more close to last fret), but i like a lot the neck profile..and the bolt on is so similar to mine .Good luck with the sale .[/quote]
Cheers dude, there are a few similarities between the two, both top stuff!

[quote name='BeLow' post='1177489' date='Mar 26 2011, 06:30 PM']I was very tempted buy this but went for a custom build in the end - there is something rather special about it and whoever buys will have a great bass I am sure.[/quote]
They are seriously good basses, I've sold one of my P basses so I'm now going to hold onto this one! :)

[quote name='giblett123' post='1177496' date='Mar 26 2011, 07:34 PM']They are seriously good basses, I've sold one of my P basses so I'm now going to hold onto this one! :)[/quote]
For sale again, I really need a 4, this beauty is wasted on me, I wasn't looking for trades but ask away, you never know!

[quote name='JMT3781' post='1187036' date='Apr 3 2011, 08:11 PM']Shocked this hasn't gone.. It's a good job I'm in the canaries otherwise I'd be making the 5 minute car journey down o just have a look on the off chance lol![/quote]
Sure you don't fancy a punt James? I can do it mucho cheapo at the mo, anyway, why the canaries when you could be in sunny Walsall?!

I really quite fancy this.

I'm going to hop down to my local emporium and see if I can stand the drop in spacing to 17mm (incidentally, what's the nut spacing - it's somewhat overlooked that nut spacing affects the spacing over the fingerboard too), and how well the non-radiused fingerboard works on a 6 (not that they'll have one in stock, but I'm reasonably confident it'll be fine - I seem to recall I played a flat fretless of a friend's).

Thereafter, all being well, I'll send you a PM, and see if I can come down South and meet you.