Why become a member? ×

Custom Grabber Build Diary

stingraybassman

Hey people, well my journey to find a Gibson Grabber kept bringing me to dead ends and people who decided £1000 is a reasonable price for one. As luck would have it I was put in touch with a gentleman by the name of Steven Hart. I met with him today and gave him my plans and he is going to build me a Grabber. He was nice enough to let me play on some of his basses, good grief they are good. Stunning woods and tone, unbelievable action as well.

So I decided in true bass chat style I would create a build diary for those who this may interest.

Here is a rough mock up of what I'm visualising and the template drawn on to the spalted maple top he is using.

Stay tuned for updates!!! He also has some basses he has already built for sale so inbox me for details.

Edited by stingraybassman

Ok fellas, quick update. woodwork is all pretty much finished. will be ordering the all black hardware and the electronics in the next week or so (B*stard car failed its MOT). She is looking brilliant!!

In answer to the guys who want to know the cost; Its on a pay as you go sort of basis so I wont really know till its done. I know he is quoting £900-£1000 for some of the guitars he has built. Inbox me for details if you want.

Edited by stingraybassman

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='stingraybassman' post='1233831' date='May 16 2011, 11:58 PM']Went for the DiMarzio model one with 4 band active and a 5 way tone selector.

Sounds huge, very growly but the eq and slider means its pretty darn versatile. Will get some clips up ASAP.

I cannot stress how much bass you get for your money from this guy.[/quote]
thanks for the good feedback on my bassies every one email me at [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...