Why become a member? ×

Trace 1048

Jono Bolton

[quote name='jono b' post='132118' date='Feb 1 2008, 06:32 PM']Anyone got one? How are they? I've found one, mint, £225 plus post. Good deal or not? It's an original one in green carpet.[/quote]

If it's mint, then that is a pretty good deal although I would want the 1048H if I was paying that much. They sound pretty good, quite low wattage handling by todays standard but they sound pretty good even against todays cabs.

The downside? Have you tried lifting it?

It is quite possibly one of the most heavy 4 10s ever made...

[quote name='Merton' post='132540' date='Feb 2 2008, 01:04 PM']Carpet means '93 - '98ish. Built out of mdf instead of plywood, heavy as f*ck but sound amazing![/quote]

Carpet is Kaman/Gibson era. Not orignal as stated above. The original stuff was vinyl. If it's 200 watt, it's one of the earlier versions. The later ones were 300 watt.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='133046' date='Feb 3 2008, 02:29 PM']Carpet is Kaman/Gibson era. Not orignal as stated above. The original stuff was vinyl. If it's 200 watt, it's one of the earlier versions. The later ones were 300 watt.[/quote]
Yup. I think carpet maybe actually closer to '95-'99 instead of what I said before. Pretty sure they were the 320W jobbies with 4x 80W Trace-badged Celestion speakers.

Don't think he's lying, he's just using the wrong terminology. It's still an "original" Trace insofar as it's a Trace built thingy blob. But it's not an "original" as in a Series 1 job, it's the revised SMX series era.
Buy the one mrsibs is selling on here instead, cheap as chips and "original"!!! :)