Why become a member? ×

Line6 Bass Pod XT??

Jayfaedoom

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='144970' date='Feb 22 2008, 12:41 PM']I've downloaded some really good sounds from the database for my 'Live' and tweaked quite a few with good results. I'm going to have a play this w/e.

What's your username Ped, I'd like to steal some of your stuff :)

Peter[/quote]

Hi Peter,

When you upload tones it 'tags' them with not your line6 username but whatever you put in the 'notes' section of the editor for that patch - so I have just re-uploaded all my current tones as 'ped'. The problem is that the patches are really bass specific - what sounded good with my Bacchus Jazz for example sounded bad with a graphite neck. They sound great through the desk or Sure E2cs. I would be interested to hear how they sound with some of your babies.

Have fun!
ped

Good thread guys.... I bought a POD xt bean from a Basschatter, whose name I can't recall and its pretty much being used as a paper weitgh ever since ! I had an initial dabble and then got distracted with something else. Reading through the comments here has just prompted me go and put it to good use. Does anybody here use the pod for recording direct to PC, via USB ?

P

Hi mate,

I do that in the studio - either by USB or the DI. My brother is planning on using V drums on the next album, and my guitar player just got an X3 pod so we are going to do the whole thing via USB, and have called the band USB for this album (it changes every time)

The results are fantastic - all the clips I posted on the first page were recorded like this.

Cheers
ped

Cheers Ped,
Just been back to play those clips again - very impressive, good to know they were recorded using the Pod, I assumed they were done with another interface.

Guess there'll be a few of us here checking out the Pod over the weekend

P

[quote name='ped' post='145302' date='Feb 22 2008, 08:22 PM']Hi mate,

I do that in the studio - either by USB or the DI. My brother is planning on using V drums on the next album, and my guitar player just got an X3 pod so we are going to do the whole thing via USB, and have called the band USB for this album (it changes every time)

The results are fantastic - all the clips I posted on the first page were recorded like this.

Cheers
ped[/quote]

Cheers for the compliments - they were literally direct to an audio track in Digital Performer - we did a mix where we added EQ and compression from the software on the computer and some rack gear but the best mix was the one where everything was done on the pod. It just sounded really 'right' and I am really pleased with it.

Cheers
ped

guys i have a question about the xt pro i want to play along wih my songs using my pc when ive got the pc soundcard plugged into the di live output socket and ive got the pc sound coming through fine!! but no bass sound!!! with me so far!! lol
when i put the pc plug in the model live socket ive got the pc sound in 1 headphone ear and my bass coming out the right ear !!
i want both coming out of both ears is there a setting i need to change or cant i do this on the xtpro?
ive got the usb plugged in if thats ny help?

thanks

Andy

Edited by stratty

I have a question. I bought an X3Live a couple of weeks ago, and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any way for me to edit the patches using my laptop as opposed to fiddling about with annoying little knobs and the LED display? Do I have to buy Gearbox or something?

Edit: Never mind, I have discovered that the patch editor is not available for hte X3 yet. I really wish they would release one...it is tough work and easy to get melted whilst editing a large amount of patches "manually" using the rotary knobs and TINY led screen.....maybe they will, soon.

Cheers,

Daniel

Edited by King of Loss

[quote name='stratty' post='145628' date='Feb 23 2008, 03:17 PM']guys i have a question about the xt pro i want to play along wih my songs using my pc when ive got the pc soundcard plugged into the di live output socket and ive got the pc sound coming through fine!! but no bass sound!!! with me so far!! lol
when i put the pc plug in the model live socket ive got the pc sound in 1 headphone ear and my bass coming out the right ear !!
i want both coming out of both ears is there a setting i need to change or cant i do this on the xtpro?
ive got the usb plugged in if thats ny help?

thanks

Andy[/quote]

When playing with my ipod I plug the ipod into the effects return socket on the bass pod (making sure the patch has the fx loop enabled). That way you can hear the music along with the bass, through both ears. I THINK it makes it mono, though.. but fine for practice.

Daniel,

Line6 are quite shabby with the software it seems. They still haven't done a decent Vista compatable edit programme, let alone one for the x3. Even the one for XP has to be used with an old version of Java.

COME ON LINE 6!!!

Cheers
ped

I've given up trying to install Line 6 Edit on my XP laptop - stupid having to use old versions of Java and introduces a security risk. Works flawlessly on our home Windows 2000 PC. I've put a spreadsheet together that lists all the amps down one side, cabs along the top and I'm scoring the combinations out of 10 on the resulting grid for future reference and Line 6 Edit is perfect for this. I'll upload the spreadsheet sometime for anyone else who wants to use it.

I will be trying my XTLive with Linux soon once I get the drivers and software downloaded and a free evening.

[url="http://www.tanzband-scream.at/line6/"]http://www.tanzband-scream.at/line6/[/url] for those interested.

Edited by FJ1200

Hi guys

I'm also looking after that Line6 POD XT Live, and a person is going to San Marino next week, so, as my local shop said there's no Line6's available in 'their' stock, I'm thinking about 'taking' one from San Marino.

They have huge shop there, but,as it just should have happened right now, their site is down, they don't answer e-mails, nothing ( my bandmate said me this, cuz he was looking for case for his g*itar)...

So I'm urgent to know about the prices that are coming along with Line6 products ( processor, in this case) in Europe, to be precise, in San Marino, at least approximation would be helpful... The only thing, I hope, it isn't that far different from about 250 pounds...

I've seen shop assistant taking a look at his price list - there was 257 pounds..

Lithuania's in European Union, San Marino's too, so, no big probs about taxes, yes, guys?

Advice about price and thingies would be very appreciated!
I have to give the guy a call this evening! :)

Does anyone use the Line 6 as only an FX unit ?? Really happy with the sound of the Lakland 55-94 through the Glockenklang but want to try a bit compression/rev/mod

Tried the FX send/return with "no amp" setting but - nothing - Don't want to interfvere with the original bass+amp sound really

Anybody?

Hey, it looks like there is no 'sampler' on the Line6 XT thing, isn't it?
Damn, that thing exists on GT-6B, so I wasn't hoping for trick like this on Line6 one, especially when it's competitive model ...
So, dunno what to do now...

How do you struggle with this, guys? Using what?

@kevthebass - I use the fx send/return on my Ohm GA140 occasionally. I have to pop the jack out a bit on the amp though so it only hits the 'Return' part of the socket. I don't use it like that live though as I'm worried it'll fall out, and I have to watch the volume. I'll have to make up a proper lead for it some time.

I really like the amp/cab modelling which is what I bought it for primarily and have a couple of combos I like. Still don't have a clue where I'd use the synth stuff and would happily bin them for a different set of stomp plugins (L6 are you listening?). Have started playing with the fx properly now and 'discovered' the 'String Theory' preset, which I didn't like to start with but blimey it's good when you have the house to yourself and can crank it up a bit! (also helps that I live on a corner and the study is on the 2 outside walls!) Even my 14-year old daughter was impressed (Teenager impressed, that is!)

Edited by FJ1200

• 2 months later...

Hi, guys.

So, I've finally got that POD XT Live thing and thought of trying to jam along with GearBox's mp3 player as I saw my guitarist doing the same on his guitar version.

But it seems that GearBox isn't compactible with Bass version, is it?...
Cuz, firstly, when I try to download it by choosing it like Bass XT Live's product, it's said, there's no such software for that...

And secondly, when I at last downloaded GearBox, and turned it on, it says I haven't plugged USB into PC, though, I've really done it...

I reaaally need to make that GearBox thing work, if it's possible, for sure, so, I need advice, if there's any logic at struggling with it...

Edited by Faithless

Despite the fact that no-one troubled about replying, so, finally, I've found the thing myself, and...

GearBox ( and audio player included there ) isn't compatible with [b]Bass[/b] POD Live XT version..
So, you can't jam together 'with your favourite tunes' when unit is plugged into PC.
And, as I suppose, you can't record through GearBox also.

Shame on those Line 6 'elves'.

Possibly some sort of software patch or firmware update. I think it must be possible.. I have never tried an XT Live or Gearbox so not 100% sure what you mean but in terms of using the pod to play along with tracks and recording, I would think that gearbox would work with it. Let us know what line 6 say..

Cheers
ped

Sorry I can't help any more. Line 6 have been a bit sneaky with various products, such as the different outputs on the bean/live/pro units but more often than not there is a way around the limitations. I found the line 6 forum quite useful in the past so hope you find something.

ped

For what it's worth I know you already have the XT but I believe in it's latest incernation, the X3 Live, there is the facility to use the unit direct to an amp bypassing modelling so you are using your amp plus the units s rather than colouring your own amp tone with the Line 6 models. I've never actually used one but I either picked that titbit up from either the Line 6 website or a YouTube demo.

The same is true of the XT Live, and, I think, the other XTs. For studio direct I use the GK 800rd model and for live through my amp I bypass the models and use the fantastic compression and a touch of reverb.

Cheers
ped