Why become a member? ×

Ever sold a guitar...then wanted it back?

theplumber

[quote name='witterth' post='1154541' date='Mar 8 2011, 09:22 PM']My first ever pre EB MM, sob! oh god, ask MB1
offered more than twice I what sold it for still "no"
note in the Diary simply said "bugger"[/quote]

MB1. :lol:
Move On!
I doubt she could ever live up to your expectations of her now! ( :) Sounds like Dr Ruth! :) )
Im Pretty Sure Blondie was a 2 band Eq Tranny Model (Fnarr Fnarr!)

[quote name='razze06' post='1155168' date='Mar 9 2011, 12:31 PM']Is "No" a valid answer to the OP?[/quote]

Yes, because I'm going to say it, too. No.
There, I said it.
I've sold an Ibanez SRX700, Zoot Custom Chaser prototype (on here) and Stingray Fretless V in the last couple of months. They were just gathering dust, really. I've "replaced" them with [i]another[/i] Warwick, but most definitely the "right" one (Thanks, BigJim!)

I may yet sell on more, albeit selectively (eyes Ovation on the wall meaningfully)

My only regret is damaging an Ibanez EDB600 I had quite severely in a carpeted-concrete-floor incident. I then finished the job in a fit of pique.
I really ought to replace it when one shows up. Then wrap it in cotton wool- Luthite cracks easily, folks.

Just one guitar - an El Maya that I bought in the late 70s and sold around 82 or 83 to fund a motorcycle. Maple through neck on mahogany wings, carved top and some of the sweetest overdrive tones I've found anywhere. I've only even heard of anyone owning one other (a guy in Holland) but I keep scanning ebay.

I kind of miss a Switch (plastic bodied) guitar and a Godin Radiator I had a few years back, but it's not really a big deal.

A Ibanez MC940 Fretless (AKA) sting Circa 1980ish
best sounding bass i ever played
i p/x it for a new korg M1 keyboard in 1989.
i have tried a few other ibanez musician basses but they dont match up to the one i p x d.
also a 1959 fender jazz bazz in black / rosewood board /tortoiseshell i bought it for about £400 in 1977
which was a lot of money then, i cant remember what i sold or p x d it for. probably something stupid?

if only ?

Regards
Jay

When I was made redundant about 15 years ago I sold my Aria SB1000 so I could take the family on holiday. That was before they were really worth much but I wish I still had it.
I was also struggling financially about 5 years ago & had to make the decision to sell my 90's MIJ Fender Jazz & my '72 Gibson slot headed EB3 (which I'd had for over 30 years) so that I could pay off the mortgage arrears - that was the one that really hurt! Ouch almost brings a tear to the eye even now!

[quote name='dlloyd' post='1156333' date='Mar 10 2011, 10:27 AM']All of them... but the one that I really, really regret was this one...

It's a hand-made Le Voi. I sold it for £1,000 which is a fraction of what it's worth. I've never played anything that could touch it.

What a dumb ass.[/quote]

!!!Always wanted one of these!!!

My Alembic Exploiter - lifetime GAS for it... sold it to take the family on a dream holiday to coincide with the wife's 40th.

'The things we do for love.....'

However, to balance that statement, she OK'd me buying the B1 - so it ain't all that bad!

Still miss the Exploiter though.....

A few I suppose (inevitable the amount I've owned)... though the greatest regret is one which holds a place in my heart as I gigged it for 15 years but seeing as how I owned an identical 'mint condition' bass I sold the more used one! Oddly I can't bring myself to gig the as new bass and I didn't realise until too late that the two basses weigh about 1 1/4lb difference.

An early two colour sunburst Precision, probably 62ish. I swapped it for a Fender Mustang - was naive and didn't know what I was doing - what a plonker!

A '79 Tobacco Sunburst Telecaster - a heavy old thing but I loved it and gigged it a lot in the eighties in my rhythm guitar playing days. Luckily I sold it to a friend and five years later managed to swap it back for a Strat, so I got it back!

[quote name='ras52' post='1157118' date='Mar 10 2011, 08:08 PM']A very painful topic...

...Wal Pro IIE
...Wal Custom (Mk I) fretless

because I was never going to play them again, was I?

:)[/quote]
Oh dear....I seem to have brought a lot of sadness to this forum....shame on me!