Why become a member? ×

What cables do you recommend?

TRBboy

I've been making my own for years (van damme/neutrik).

Having (at long last) gone from a combo to a head and cab I needed a speaker cable. CHecked out costs of parts - decided to try OBBM instead. Emailed Wednesday, Paypal Thursday morning. Delivered Friday (recorded delivery and I wasn't in). Collected from sorting office yesterday. Top quality, great price and service. Converted.

Currently in my gigging case:-

2 x Planet waves - the ones with "ordinary" jacks, one is the new silent cutout type ( shiny black chrome rightangled plug with a push switch), which I have twice managed to switch off while gigging! I have to say I have always been impressed, they work well, and when my first, 5 year old cable gave up the ghost it was replaced free of charge, without any quibble, along with a nice teeshirt!

2 x OBBM - mainly as spares. By no means OBBM's fault at all, but I rather lost faith with two he made for me with Neutrix silent jacks (the red ones with the brass collar), both of which failed so I replaced with standard jacks. good quality, thin and very flexible.

1 x Elixir. This one should have permanently gone into my studio lead trunk a while ago! It really [b][i]is [/i][/b]a fantastic lead, I always use it when recording, well worth the money, but totally useless live. Its so stiff its like being attached to your amp by a small sapling!!!

These are all [b]coiled properly [/b]after every gig, like you would with rope on a boat. That way they'll last for years. If you're a "folder", you can spent as much on leads as you like but you'll get what you deserve and your money will have been wasted!!

I've been using the same 2 canford/neutrik leads I made myself for 7 years now without even so much as a crackle. People who are constantly breaking leads, I do not understand. Look after your gear and your gear will look after you.