Why become a member? ×

Show us your sunbursts

Cat Burrito

We've had threads showing off black basses, white basses, Wal basses & pretty much everything else. I'm not aware of one celebrating the humble sunburst. So in a bid to get a thread on Sunbursts started, here are mine;

from left to right we have a Resonator Bass (from China via Texas!?), a Hofner Verithin Bass, a Hofner Beatle Bass, my original 80s Precision & a 70s parts Jazz bass. I didn't reallise I'd become such a sunburst fan!

What you got? Show 'em here!

I have three: my Alleva-Coppolo LG4 (a super-Jazz), my '71 Fender P/J and my Fender Tony Franklin fretless. Here's pics of first two

[attachment=74033:AC4_002.jpg][attachment=74034:P1040057.JPG]

and my TF (not got a pic) is a more brightly-coloured twin of my '71 and looks just like this:

[attachment=74035:55U_4543...dy_front.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1151209' date='Mar 6 2011, 10:09 AM']We've had threads showing off black basses, white basses, Wal basses & pretty much everything else. I'm not aware of one celebrating the humble sunburst. So in a bid to get a thread on Sunbursts started, here are mine;

from left to right we have a Resonator Bass (from China via Texas!?), a Hofner Verithin Bass, a Hofner Beatle Bass, my original 80s Precision & a 70s parts Jazz bass. I didn't reallise I'd become such a sunburst fan!

What you got? Show 'em here![/quote]
Got a greenburst but it will not upload

[quote name='kingofthestuntmen' post='1151733' date='Mar 6 2011, 06:42 PM']Erm, just the one and it's kinda old and not in very good nick. Can't imagine it'd be of any interest to anyone[/quote]
Thats where you are wrong. I think it looks fabulous, like its played a million gigs with a million stories to tell :)

[quote name='kingofthestuntmen' post='1151733' date='Mar 6 2011, 06:42 PM']Erm, just the one and it's kinda old and not in very good nick. Can't imagine it'd be of any interest to anyone, but in the spirit of making up the numbers here we are -[/quote]

Is that a pukka 72 or is it a Bravewood?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1151738' date='Mar 6 2011, 06:44 PM']Is that a pukka 72 or is it a Bravewood?[/quote]

Genuine Fender, though clearly not all original... Full story is on page 6 of the 'Precisions' thread - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=116578&st=100"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=116578&st=100[/url] - Further to the info there, all the road rash was 'as is' when we acquired her.

I've often wondered who she belonged to and how she came to be in such a state.

Edited by kingofthestuntmen

• 1 year later...