Why become a member? ×

The most gutting thing

Its happend, guess it happens to everybody but always soul destroying.

Practicing in my room with the schecter, squier falls headstock first off the stand and clouts the schecter with the tuning pegs. Knew it before even looking........A chip, right to the wood, might not be big but still soul destroying. Im not a vain person, but I am for my basses. I know its easily fixable (good contact would help please) but its the principle of it, the moral of this story must be:

DONT EVER BUY S****Y 3 WAY STANDS OFF EBAY FOR A TENNER!!!!

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1150800' date='Mar 5 2011, 06:26 PM']The first chip is gutting, the second is annoying and the third is instant mojo. I still have my late 80s MIJ P-bass and I love every dink now :)[/quote]

+ 1

If it makes you feel any better, I spent 30 minutes reading through Jerzy Droyd's "Ultimate Bass Set-Up Guide" and an additional hour laying out all of the tools (tuner, capo, cup of tea and a biscuit, rule, measuring templates), in the hope that the first set-up I've done on any bass since Droyd's PDF/book came out would be the best and most accurate one I've done ever and perfectly timed as my new jazz needed a bit of tweaking in time for (it's debut!) gig tomorrow.

I then found that the Allen (Hex) key I needed to adjust the truss rod (slightly) was missing, the only one missing from a set of 30!

Needless to say, I was GUTTED. FML.