Why become a member? ×

SOLD**musicman bongo 5** SOLD

tomtraubert

Hi folks,have this bass for sale.5 string bongo,18 volt HH config.
bass is a dream to play and sounds fantastic.cosmeticly it's not perfect,there's two chips in the paint around the neck pocket,(a scratchplate will cover them but i don't have one for it).there's also a chip at the rear strap mount about an inch long,which the strap covers when wearing.other than that this is a great bass.comes with musicman case.

given the chips and the current economic climate i'm offering this to the community at £650.am happy to pack it up fpr postage if you wish to arrange it.

the photos are the best i can get with my phone.

cheers for looking.

[attachment=73944:DSC00041.JPG]

[attachment=73939:DSC00036.JPG]

[attachment=73940:DSC00037.JPG]

[attachment=73941:DSC00038.JPG]

[attachment=73942:DSC00039.JPG]

[attachment=73943:DSC00040.JPG]

Edited by tomtraubert

[quote name='colin100' post='1151096' date='Mar 6 2011, 02:04 AM']Have you got a scratch plate for that beauty?[/quote]

i spoke to the guy i got it from,he thinks he has it somewhere,if it turns up i'll pop it in the post to whoever buys the bass.

to answer a question i got in pm,the chips around the neck pocket only came to light when my friend bought the bass from ebay a few years back and removed the pickguard.the bass has been gigged for a couple of years now with no playability issues at all.it's got a great neck with a nice low action.

i traded him it for an amp and cabs,£650 is what i valued the gear at so that's what i'm selling for.unfortunately at the moment i need a tele or strat guitar more than i need a 5 string bass so it's gotta go.

it's a hell of a bass for the money guys.

I know theres forum rules about talking about a seller asking price, however I dont care and must say that this is the bargain of the century.

I honestly cant believe how low this asking price is and I honestly can believe its not away yet!!

I dont play 5's and I sold my Bongo not too long ago to fund my Ric, however at this price you just can lose. Even if you bought it here, you could re-sale this on ebay with a tidy profit even after fees.

All the very best with the sale buddy.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1151254' date='Mar 6 2011, 10:47 AM']I know theres forum rules about talking about a seller asking price, however I dont care and must say that this is the bargain of the century.[/quote]
Yeah you're right, but for once the comments are commending the seller !

[quote name='tomtraubert' post='1151242' date='Mar 6 2011, 10:38 AM']i need a tele or strat guitar more than i need a 5 string bass so it's gotta go.[/quote]

Any interest in trade for an american peavey wolfgang? It doesn't tick any of the boxes, but worth a cheeky shout, no?