Why become a member? ×

*Withdrawn* EHX Bass MicroSynth - Modded

pantherairsoft

*MOMENT OF MADNESS - THIS HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN FROM SALE*

Selling my EHX Bass MicroSynth... Mainly because I'm out growing my board and I only use this on 1 track at the mo.

It's an Origonal unit still with the Origonal EHX power supply. The pedal has been modded (by a previous owner and the work was done by Umph so you know the quality of work is top notch). The mod effectively disables the start, stop and rate sliders and allows you to control that section of the filter via expression pedal... Which basically doubles the pedals awesomeness. The pedal has also had an on/off light added as for some silly reason the old style unit didn't have one!!?

It allows Moog-esque synth swells from huge sub upto gritty squarewave fuzz. Octave up, octave down etc etc.

The pedal responds better to passive basses, but just as well with Actives if you boost the bass slightly on your instrument. Too low a signal and the notes can choke before the swell finishes. It'll take about 10 minutes of playing and you'll get it!

The unit has seen some action so is a little scratched etc and is missing the rate slider (not that you new it with the expression pedal). I'll also include a Moog EP-2 expression pedal to use with the unit which is in top condition just without the rubber feet underneath (a it was mounted on a board).

Would consider trade/part ex on...(cash your way in most cases)

Moogerfooger Analog Delay
Sansamp Bass Driver Deluxe
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
Eventide Modfactor
Eventide Timefactor

[quote name='Ruck' post='1150474' date='Mar 5 2011, 12:36 PM']Are the Start, Stop and Rate sliders still functional when the expression pedal is not on?[/quote]

When I purchased it I was told unplugging the expression pedal means it works normally. To be honest I have never even tried it as I saw no need! I wont be near the unit until Monday now but will be happy to test it. As the Rate slider is missing you'd need something to push the slider along though... Like needle nose pliers or a pencil :)

Shep

It was me who originally commissioned these mods and this pedal spent a long time on my board.

When I sold I to Shep (pantherairsoft) you could still adjust the 'rate' slider with your fingers, but tbh once you've used it with the expression mod, you'll never go back.

If you're considering an OC2, mammoth and MF101 this pedal can get you pretty close for about a third of the price.

Dan

As Dan says!

As for the rate slider, it can still be adjusted by hand... But you need something left of your fingernails... Which I do not :)

The octave down sub sound from this is still the fattest cleanest I've heard, If I could justify keeping it just for that I would. If I could fit this baby into a smaller box I'd be tempted to keep her as well.

Hmmmm quite tempted, has this been modded for true bypass? I have the new model and am very happy with it however all the videos Ive seen demonstrating the expression pedal make my hair stand on end!