Why become a member? ×

Calling STATUS experts

AlX

Hi !
There´s this guy selling a [b]status graphite series 2[/b] which is pretty rare in my country. Seller says he defretted it.. but other than that.. does it look fake or modified ? Is it a good bass ?

Thanks in advance for your help

(sorry for the bad pics.. it´s all the seller posted)

That's not a Series 2 or an S2. It looks more like an Empathy (though I'm no expert in all Statii). Head over to www.statii.com. There's a resource page there from which I'm sure you'll be able to identify this bass. Then get a good idea of its worth comparing similar on here and on ebay.

Good luck.

Looking on statii myself I'd say it was most likely a Series 1. Which came a long time after the original graphite necked Series II!

This is not a graphite necked bass obviously, but one of the cheaper wooden necked models.

Edited by lapolpora

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='1150234' date='Mar 5 2011, 05:06 AM']Its a Series 1 or a later model Energy.[/quote]
Yeah , I think it's one of the later Series 1's that were wooden .
The Energy's , I think had the more rounded horns - much the same as the Stealth1 .

As stated , Statii Form is the place .

Definitely not an Empathy, they were only available with graphite necks.

It's either a Series 1 or an Energy.... pretty sure it's a Series 1 as it has soapbar pickups and 4 controls. (The Energy of that time had Jazz style pickups and 3 controls). If it has a bookmatched facing then it's a Series 1 Artist and worth a little more.

There have been a lot of changes to the Series 1, mine have graphite necks (1993), soon after they went to bolt on graphite rod wooden necks like this one (mid 90s), then later to wooden neck-through. Then they changed the body shape and lost the beveled edge before eventually going back to fully graphite necks.

It's probably a very nice sounding and playing bass, but it won't be worth as much as a graphite necked one. The neck probably has a slightly odd profile, quite slim but with a flattish back rather than a continuous C shaped curve.... feels OK (to me anyway) to play.

Edited by Fat Rich