Why become a member? ×

Badass 11 Bridge

aceuggy

Just bought another bass, a nice Fender, not sure what it is exactly, but I the body (neck is newer) is pretty old, early 60's I think. Anyway the bridge is quite tatty and I'm considering swapping it out for a Badass11. Just can't find one here in the UK. Tried google, tried Bass Centre, they are out of stock. There seems to be shortage of them. Can anyone suggest where I might be able to get hold of one, preferably on-line. Many thanks

Edited by aceuggy

Seen a few on ebay in recent weeks, but the price has really gone up of late. Couple of years back I got one for thirty quid but that's not likely now.

Over £100 new when I've seen them. I like them but wouldn't dream of paying that sort of money. Think I would be going for a gotoh or the new fender high mass bridge. Gotoh seem to go for around £30 on ebay.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Doctor J' post='1180963' date='Mar 29 2011, 04:09 PM']Search for Badass II rather than Badass 11[/quote]

There have been problems recently with getting them from Leo Quan in the US, according to shops/sites I've talked to. I don't know the reason, whether its distro or whatever. Hopefully supply to UK will improve soon.

[quote name='UncleMeat' post='1182113' date='Mar 30 2011, 01:01 PM']There have been problems recently with getting them from Leo Quan in the US, according to shops/sites I've talked to. I don't know the reason, whether its distro or whatever. Hopefully supply to UK will improve soon.[/quote]

Which would explain the price increase on Ebay too.

BadAss my ass. Got one on my Jazz bass and tbh i find the string spacing either too narrow or too wide - even with 4 possible settings! Get yourself one of these:

[url="http://www.the2tek.com/"]Now this is a bridge[/url]

Ok, you'll have to cut a hole in your bass and it will weigh a lot more but it will have an enormous impact on your sound. I have one of these in a Hamer bass and it is incredible. The thing sustains for hours and sounds huge. Thought the company had gone bust but seems not.

Edited by BottomE

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='aceuggy' post='1149784' date='Mar 4 2011, 08:10 PM']Just bought another bass, a nice Fender, not sure what it is exactly, but I the body (neck is newer) is pretty old, early 60's I think. Anyway the bridge is quite tatty and I'm considering swapping it out for a Badass11. Just can't find one here in the UK. Tried google, tried Bass Centre, they are out of stock. There seems to be shortage of them. Can anyone suggest where I might be able to get hold of one, preferably on-line. Many thanks[/quote]
well hello... forget badass bridges!!!!!
buy a hipshot fender replacement twice as good truly!!!!!

[quote name='BottomE' post='1182415' date='Mar 30 2011, 04:22 PM']BadAss my ass. Got one on my Jazz bass and tbh i find the string spacing either too narrow or too wide - even with 4 possible settings! Get yourself one of these:

[url="http://www.the2tek.com/"]Now this is a bridge[/url]

Ok, you'll have to cut a hole in your bass and it will weigh a lot more but it will have an enormous impact on your sound. I have one of these in a Hamer bass and it is incredible. The thing sustains for hours and sounds huge. Thought the company had gone bust but seems not.[/quote]

Mmmm, I'd be keen to dig a hole in a '60s Fender body :)

I would go for the Gotoh one and save some cash as I had a badass and it made not a jot of differance to the sound to my lugs. The BA costs about £70? and the Gotoh shouldn`t set you back more than £30.

There have been quite a few discussions on here about the merits of BA versus the old bent bit of tin. Result: inconclusive!

Jez

Edited by jezzaboy

[quote name='UncleMeat' post='1182113' date='Mar 30 2011, 01:01 PM']There have been problems recently with getting them from Leo Quan in the US, according to shops/sites I've talked to. I don't know the reason, whether its distro or whatever. Hopefully supply to UK will improve soon.[/quote]

Ive heard its just one man that makes them... CHUCK NORRIS.

but seriously, if it is just one guy or a small group their priority is obviously going to be for the many Fender models that come with them already fitted, and not silly mugs like us who are desperate for them...

Ive seen some Badass III's but i cant remember where, :) selling for about £65...

But the Badass II really looks the business.