Why become a member? ×

Hofner 500/2 Club Bass - SOLD

fryer

I bought this used 2 years ago, and have used it for rehearsals and a few gigs. Reluctantly selling as I need the money. I'm gonna use my old Framus, which is very similar in style and feel.

It has no marks apart from some scratches to the varnish on the back, which may polish out. Fitted with flatwound strings. Complete with original aluminium case.

Extremely light weight, well balanced, and easy to play.

Looking for £850.

Minor Edit - this a short scale, 30", bass.

Edited by fryer

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon, fryer...

I've posted this to the Hofner forum which I visit daily...

[url="http://www.hofner.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2589"]http://www.hofner.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2589[/url]

...I'll remove it, of course, if you have an objection...

([i]Damned shame to be married, sometimes, it would be taken otherwise[/i]... :( )

Good afternoon, Richard...
The '33' is country code for France, '53' Dept. code (Mayenne...).
I had a fleeting thought that we may have crossed paths, 'til I remembered that my school bus was the 285..! 'twould have been strange coincidence indeed to encounter an Old Hamptonian here..!
Quite sincere about the bass, though. If I was selfish, I would hope it to be still available it a few months time. I have an excellent Hofner Verithin, but yours really is a corker, even the good lady found it pretty..!
On our Hofner site, the main focus is on 'vintage' guitars and basses, but contemporaries are also of interest (and will become vintage in time..!). Yours is a very good example of that principle.
Hope for your sake it goes quickly B) ; secretly hoping for mine that I can PM you at a later date to arrange shipping..! :yarr:

• 4 weeks later...

No, ( Mr Happy ) not the school, or ( Dad ) the county. Now in hampshire, but started life in Buckinghamshire.

Ian, sorry, just seen your reply. If you're still interested, please send me a message. Richard

• 2 weeks later...