Why become a member? ×

Fender Aerodyne Classic Precision Bass Special 2006

alhbass

SOLD

I'm reluctantly having to consider parting with this lovely instrument, as I've recently made a couple of new purchases and can't really justify keeping them all...

Its a Japanese 2006 Aerodyne Classic Precision Bass Special, with added ashtray! Bit of a Marmite guitar as far as looks go maybe - you either love it or you hate it - but I love it, and surely I can't be the only one..?

Wish I could afford to keep it, but it's not my principal gigging instrument, so I can't really.

It sounds great, has a Jazz style neck and is lightweight at 3.9kg (8.6lbs). One of the volume pots is a little crackly, but five minutes with some switch cleaner would see that right (I may even get round to doing it myself...)

I'm offering it for sale with a decent hardcase (as pictured). No, I'm not convinced it's a genuine Fender hardcase either, despite the badge on the lid - but it's a perfectly good, useable case nonetheless.

Let me know if you're interested, or have any queries.

PS Like the last instrument I sold on BC, this one has a BassChat pedigree, having previously been owned by Old Horse Murphy and Bassatnight

Thanks for looking...

SOLD

Edited by alhbass

[quote name='alhbass' post='1149422' date='Mar 4 2011, 01:12 PM']Bit of a Marmite guitar as far as looks go maybe - you either love it or you hate it - but I love it, and surely I can't be the only one..?[/quote]

Nope I love it too!!

[quote name='alhbass' post='1149422' date='Mar 4 2011, 01:12 PM']Bit of a Marmite guitar as far as looks go maybe - you either love it or you hate it - but I love it, and surely I can't be the only one..?[/quote]

nope! I already have one in natural, and I love it.

There was a guy on here looking for one of these recently - "Aerodyne Precision" is his username - not sure whether he is still looking - it may be worth shooting off a PM to him.

Edited by arsenic

[quote name='arsenic' post='1149676' date='Mar 4 2011, 05:13 PM']There was a guy on here looking for one of these recently - "Aerodyne Precision" is his username - not sure whether he is still looking - it may be worth shooting off a PM to him.[/quote]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=122296&hl=aerodyne+precision"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...odyne+precision[/url]

(I also love the look of it, but etc. etc!)

[quote name='arsenic' post='1149676' date='Mar 4 2011, 05:13 PM']There was a guy on here looking for one of these recently - "Aerodyne Precision" is his username - not sure whether he is still looking - it may be worth shooting off a PM to him.[/quote]

Thanks for that - I've PM'd him.

Aaaargh! About a week before your Aerodyne was posted I took delivery of a 70's RI MIJ P bass from 93/94 - was also on BC -not quite such a narrow neck as the Aerodyne but it's a great bass and no matter how much stuff I sell on Ebay my wife won't tolerate yet another bass in the house just now. I guess I just got impatient going ahead with the RI purchase but aside from wife issues I do want to give it a fair go (the RI that is) before committing to an Aerodyne. Damn - will definitely have to sell my motorbike now!

[quote name='karlfer' post='1152146' date='Mar 7 2011, 07:26 AM']I am looking to exchange my 75 re-issue jazz for a Lakland Duck Dunn, as I need Precision pick up/jazz neck.
These critters have got me thinking though.#
Are they passive fellas?
Cheers,
Karl.[/quote]

Yes, they're passive.

Probably a bit too far away for it to be practical for you, but if you happen to find yourself over this way, you're welcome to come and try it.

[quote name='karlfer' post='1152146' date='Mar 7 2011, 07:26 AM']I am looking to exchange my 75 re-issue jazz for a Lakland Duck Dunn, as I need Precision pick up/jazz neck.
These critters have got me thinking though.#
Are they passive fellas?
Cheers,
Karl.[/quote]
Passive P/J rocks! It's the only the Jazz neck that stops me drooling over this one.

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='1154154' date='Mar 8 2011, 05:48 PM']It's a gorgeous bass. Very light, sounds superb and is even more beautiful in the flesh :) Al is a great guy to deal with too.[/quote]

Thanks Nick!

[quote name='Kenny_K75' post='1156210' date='Mar 10 2011, 08:24 AM']Lovely bass.... Love my aerodyne Jazz... If only I had the cash...
Best of luck with the sale...[/quote]

Thanks for your good wishes Kenny - they seem to have had the desired effect anyway, as this instrument is now Sold (pending receipt of payment). And thanks to everyone for your interest and your encouraging posts.