Why become a member? ×

North West Mini Bass Bash

jwbassman

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='jwbassman' post='133592' date='Feb 4 2008, 02:24 PM']Hi Guys - Just been chatting to Chris at Bluebird Studios...

Good news is we're all set for the Sunday 16th March.

The studio will be available from luchtime onwards, so lets say an 'offical' start time of 1pm

I'll get down as soon as i can after my bigband rehersal but I understand Ped will probably be there a little before 1pm anyway...

Address is Bluebird Studios, Snowdon Road, St annes - [url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Snowdon+Road,+St+annes&sll=54.162434,-3.647461&sspn=9.799374,26.696777&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=0"]google maps link[/url], it looks pretty straight forward to get there...

Cost for hiring the studio is £70 - I'm sure we can cover this with donations if we all throw a few quid in, I'm thinking a £5 each maximum should cover it...

Looking forward to seeing you down there :huh:

I guess some sort of list of who's coming and what you're planning on bringing would be good - I'll set up another thread for that.

Cheers

John[/quote]

Good luck with it all from us down here in the 'unbeautiful' south! It'll be a great day :)

Thinking back, we had such a good time at the SE Bash last August and it's amazing what a diffference it makes getting to meet people on the forum face to face.

Look forward to seeing the thread and the pictures afterwards!

Nik

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='133615' date='Feb 4 2008, 02:58 PM']Am quite tempted to come but I don't have transport I was also tempted to offer up my practice room since it would be free and is just off the motorway in stockport.

Anyone with a large van going from manchester as I can bring a lot of gear :)[/quote]
Not a large Van, but I am hoping to go and can give you a lift assuming something doesn't come out of left field and cock my plans up, again...........

That's right mate Chris and I will be filming some video stuff for Vigier over the weekend so we will have it all set up there and will 'document' the bash as best we can! I am really looking forward to it. Nik is right, the whole idea of these bashes is to really cement the ethos of the site being a community. They really help people get along and after every bash you can tell the forum is much better for having had the meet-ups. And most members are a bit worse off financially after catching a bad case of GAS....

Cheers
ped

[quote name='ped' post='144916' date='Feb 22 2008, 11:46 AM']Definitely!! What will you be bringing? Can you find it OK?

ped[/quote]

Well as it happens I have a customer on the same road, so I know where Snowdon Rd is in St Annes.

Gear wise, a choice of Villex loaded jazz, Stingray, Marcus Miller Jazz, OLP Tony Levin and maybe an Ibanez K5 depending on circumstances, so it's a question of what would be of interest to everyone.

I guess the Villex jazz would be a definate possibility.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='145134' date='Feb 22 2008, 03:57 PM']Be great to see you there Russ :)[/quote]

Looking forward to it mate. Just paid for the Marcus, picking up the K5 tonight, sorted. Looks like my 2 basses only rule just went up to 5 in the space of a month.