Why become a member? ×

Ashdown, Peavey, SKB rack.Sold, sold, sold it's gone now you've missed it!

I am putting my rack up for sale as there doesn't seem to be a realistic chance of getting into a gigging band. It's all in very good condition - if you want pictures give me an email address or I'll try and add them here but I'm totally PC-illiterate. It is an SKB 6U rack with 2U empty at the moment so space for tuner, effects and so on. An Ashdown RPM1 preamp, British-built. A Peavey CS800s USA-built power amp, 2x600W@2 ohm, 2x420W@4, 2x270W@8. All three items only had one careful owner before me and I haven't been out of the spare bedroom with them! Original Owners Manuals, internal signal cables and mains cables all included. Any questions please ask. I'm looking for £320 and if it's a quick sale i'll even cover the courier costs myself. The rack is a tough bit of kit but I'll pack it really well anyway. I'm at NP23 5BQ and welcome any serious interest who wants to come for a try-out. I'm disappointed to be selling this as it took time and effort to put together (and a lot more cash than I'm asking now!) but the band situation around here is dire - especially for old-timers like me so it's time to face facts. For the time being i'll hang on to the cabs - but who knows? Any questions don't hesitate. Thanks for looking.

Edited by plankspanker

[quote name='plankspanker' post='1149119' date='Mar 4 2011, 01:28 AM']I am putting my rack up for sale as there doesn't seem to be a realistic chance of getting into a gigging band. It's all in very good condition - if you want pictures give me an email address or I'll try and add them here but I'm totally PC-illiterate. It is an SKB 6U rack with 2U empty at the moment so space for tuner, effects and so on. An Ashdown RPM1 preamp, British-built. A Peavey CS800s USA-built power amp, 2x600W@2 ohm, 2x420W@4, 2x270W@8. All three items only had one careful owner before me and I haven't been out of the spare bedroom with them! Original Owners Manuals, internal signal cables and mains cables all included. Any questions please ask. I'm looking for £320 and if it's a quick sale i'll even cover the courier costs myself. The rack is a tough bit of kit but I'll pack it really well anyway. I'm at NP23 5BQ and welcome any serious interest who wants to come for a try-out. I'm disappointed to be selling this as it took time and effort to put together (and a lot more cash than I'm asking now!) but the band situation around here is dire - especially for old-timers like me so it's time to face facts. For the time being i'll hang on to the cabs - but who knows? Any questions don't hesitate. Thanks for looking.[/quote]
Bumpo typo.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, Pete and I tried a novel approach to appraising kit for sale, I am currently overseas and wanted more info on Pete's stuff, he suggested Skype as a way of checking out the goods. This was acheived middle of last week, bandwith was slim in the Hotel and I am 3 hours ahead but ( for me ) a sucessful way of demo'ing stuff even though we did'nt strike a deal due to me wanting smaller lighter notiing to do with the kit on offer. which looked in unused condition. So if in doubt check it out "Online", virtually speaking. Thanks for your patience Pete.