Why become a member? ×

My custom Shuker bass

Einar

Just placed an order for a custom P bass from Shuker guitars.

Here's the specs
custom 4 string T bass
Left handed
34" scale
20 fret
1962 jazz neck dimensions
20.5mm neck depth at 1st fret
23.5mm neck depth at 12th fret
gentle C shape profile
maple neck
maple f/board
two way truss rod
carbon fibre reinforcement
lightweight hipshot tuners
brass nut
black face dots and side dots
small, medium or jumbo fretwire
satin neck lacque

swamp ash body
very thin polyester basecoat
surprise paint finish! (either crazed silver or crazed flip paint-purple to green)
gloss topcoat
T bass s/plate, clear acyrlic
chrome hardware
gotoh bridge
Hot P pickup
vol, tone
control plate
schaller straplocks

Photos will come soon

[quote name='Doctor J' post='1148455' date='Mar 3 2011, 04:01 PM']eh... which is it? :)

Good stuff, hope it's everything you wish for![/quote]
Dope*face palm* jumbo

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1148409' date='Mar 3 2011, 03:23 PM']Exciting. Looking forward to seeing the surprise paint finish. :)[/quote]
Me too

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1148743' date='Mar 3 2011, 08:00 PM']That "Mystic dream" (i think???) Flip paint purple/greeny one looks GREAT on Doods Doodle 7 string!

Can't wait till i'm in full time employment at the end of the year and i can save enough for a shuker :lol:[/quote]
They are one of the few that don't skimp on the lefty basses as so many other do

[quote name='JMT3781' post='1148787' date='Mar 3 2011, 08:27 PM']i have a shuker bass... and a norwegian girlfriend.. and a norwegian friend called einar! so i feel like we have a lot in common lol

where do you live in beautiful norway?[/quote]
I live inn Trondheim, that's smack inn the middle of Norway

Congrats, looking forward to seeing which finish you go for! As Adam says, both my Shukers are finished in the Mystic Dream flip paint. It looks fantastic in bright daylight! I did think about the Gold/Red flip too - but Jon had enough paint left over from my 7 string to do the 6 string all over as well! (I wouldn't be surprised if there's more left! WOOO!! do it!)

[quote name='dood' post='1150096' date='Mar 4 2011, 11:07 PM']Congrats, looking forward to seeing which finish you go for! As Adam says, both my Shukers are finished in the Mystic Dream flip paint. It looks fantastic in bright daylight! I did think about the Gold/Red flip too - but Jon had enough paint left over from my 7 string to do the 6 string all over as well! (I wouldn't be surprised if there's more left! WOOO!! do it!)[/quote]

Woop!

It really does look flippin' marvelous!

Maybe i'll nick your idea of Gold/Red (Or TVRs Green/Orange one haha!) when i finally get one and i can "borrow" a few designs from your two :)

Just kidding! Wouldn't do ANYTHING Shuker related with telling you, probably because of the excitement! :)

Edited by AttitudeCastle

[quote name='dood' post='1150096' date='Mar 5 2011, 12:07 AM']Congrats, looking forward to seeing which finish you go for! As Adam says, both my Shukers are finished in the Mystic Dream flip paint. It looks fantastic in bright daylight! I did think about the Gold/Red flip too - but Jon had enough paint left over from my 7 string to do the 6 string all over as well! (I wouldn't be surprised if there's more left! WOOO!! do it!)[/quote]

Hey Dood.

I told Jon to do a crazy paint job, so that's up to him what goes on the bass, I gave him artistic freedom in that department.

So, I'm in the dark about the paint.

[quote name='wayne58' post='1150338' date='Mar 5 2011, 10:52 AM']That will be a stunner, I like the idea of the 62 jazz neck.
I have a Shuker PJ nearing completion with similar neck dimensions and will post some pics when it arrives.[/quote]
Nice :) I'll get some pics up as soon as I get them both from Jon and when I get the bass.

Looking forward to have a look at you bass when you get some pics posted.

• 1 month later...