Why become a member? ×

New Genz Streamliner 900 in the house!

wateroftyne

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1211884' date='Apr 26 2011, 06:28 PM']Well so far Gareth has had two dud amps from Genz, both with "Passed QC" tags on them. Is that the rep you mean ;-)

Only joking (sort of).[/quote]
Crap happens. It's how it's resolved that counts.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1211884' date='Apr 26 2011, 06:28 PM']Well so far Gareth has had two dud amps from Genz, both with "Passed QC" tags on them. Is that the rep you mean ;-)

Only joking (sort of).[/quote]
Just out of interest, what was the other dud Genz amp Gareth had?

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1212316' date='Apr 27 2011, 09:03 AM']Sorry, that was a typo, im meant to write Ken Jung, not Gareth.[/quote]
Best edit the post, then - we don't want to mislead anyone, do we? :)

(btw, one of Ken's problems was a dodgy valve, which could have broke during shipping. Just sayin'.)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1212317' date='Apr 27 2011, 09:05 AM']Best edit the post, then - we don't want to mislead anyone, do we? :)

(btw, one of Ken's problems was a dodgy valve, which could have broke during shipping. Just sayin'.)[/quote]

Done.

I really dont want to come across as a GB hater, im not and i love my SL600 so far, but in the past week ive read of 3 faulty heads and this is making me nervous.

I know these things happen but they shouldn't, and its the same old argument, great service means nothing if an amp fails mid gig.

lets hope this is the end of it for Gareth, its about time he had some good luck and im really looking forward to using mine at its first gig on Sat.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1212330' date='Apr 27 2011, 09:20 AM']lets hope this is the end of it for Gareth, its about time he had some good luck and im really looking forward to suing mine at its first gig on Sat.[/quote]
Relax - mine's done loads, and it's fine. :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='1212335' date='Apr 27 2011, 09:31 AM']Bit extreme Dave![/quote]

Ooops, maybe it a new keyboard i should have brought.

Fixed.

Actually, as the gig is in a Teepee maybe it should be Sioux-ing ;-)

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1212317' date='Apr 27 2011, 09:05 AM']Best edit the post, then - we don't want to mislead anyone, do we? :)

(btw, one of Ken's problems was a dodgy valve, which could have broke during shipping. Just sayin'.)[/quote]

If I remember right Gareth had a shuttle 9 that was sent back with a problem.

Am sure it will all be fine.

Yep, either I'm unlucky or too fussy. But the power supply issue was really dodgy. Tried it again last night hoping I'd made a mistake, but still there.

The Shuttle 9 I had did not have a straight chassis. I checked it on every surface in my house and it would not sit straight, so it rocked about all the time. If still like another.

Weirdly, the two amps I sold were flawless (lm3 and rh450) so I was annoyed to spend more and have two amps with issues.

Fender UK have confirmed my resplacement is on it's way from the US now. Good chaps.

So, a box with my 750 and sl900 are on their way back to Bass Merchant for replacements....as well as my 6 month old immaculate 2EQ ray that has a very loud buzz coming from it, (again tried all variables, different power, new battery, compared it to the other basses, 2eq still noisy).

All in all a massive annoyance :) Hopefully in two months I'll have everything sorted out.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1212872' date='Apr 27 2011, 05:10 PM']Yep, either I'm unlucky or too fussy. But the power supply issue was really dodgy. Tried it again last night hoping I'd made a mistake, but still there.

The Shuttle 9 I had did not have a straight chassis. I checked it on every surface in my house and it would not sit straight, so it rocked about all the time. If still like another.

Weirdly, the two amps I sold were flawless (lm3 and rh450) so I was annoyed to spend more and have two amps with issues.

Fender UK have confirmed my resplacement is on it's way from the US now. Good chaps.

So, a box with my 750 and sl900 are on their way back to Bass Merchant for replacements....as well as my 6 month old immaculate 2EQ ray that has a very loud buzz coming from it, (again tried all variables, different power, new battery, compared it to the other basses, 2eq still noisy).

All in all a massive annoyance :lol: Hopefully in two months I'll have everything sorted out.[/quote]

You are a very unlucky guy. No point in you playing the lottery then :)
Hope all sorted soon as nothing worse than new gear failing no matter what it is.

Sorry to hear about it and all the best
Dave
:)

perhaps not exactly right on topic but just got the streamliner 600 with a GK Neo 212 and am really happy (so far). If i had 400 pounds extra i would have got it with a GB Uber 2x12 or 4 x10 as it sounded even more amazing than the GK in the shop. However, i didnt so got the Neo cab instead. Still sounds absolutely sweet! I have 4 gigs this week (starting tomorrow) so i will let anyone who wants to know how i rate the gear.