Why become a member? ×

New Genz Streamliner 900 in the house!

wateroftyne

STOP IT !!!
STOP IT !!!
STOP IT !!!

Mines is on order from Mark at Bass Direct and hopefully due soon.

This thread is only making my life a living nightmare so please give it a rest all you guys who have there's. :lol: :)

Excited, excited, excited.

Dave
:) :D

Edited by dmccombe7

Picked up a Streamliner900 from Mark today.

I was nervous about selling my lovely classy Glockenklang preamp but after playing the Streamliner this afternoon it sounds fantastic. Much less HiFi than the pre and more my basic preferred fat tone. My P sounds brilliant and it can produce lots of different tones using my Skjold.

Berg 112ER stack. Lovely sounds.

[quote name='Flanker' post='1198607' date='Apr 13 2011, 07:51 PM']Picked up a Streamliner900 from Mark today.

I was nervous about selling my lovely classy Glockenklang preamp but after playing the Streamliner this afternoon it sounds fantastic. Much less HiFi than the pre and more my basic preferred fat tone. My P sounds brilliant and it can produce lots of different tones using my Skjold.

Berg 112ER stack. Lovely sounds.[/quote]
Nice one :)

This is all good guys - I have to say I feel vindicated in my choice of Shuttle 9.0 a couple of years ago and I still love it - hopefully I'll get one of these Streamliners to review in BGM - at least that way I can compare the two. The 9.0 is a daily joy and is super flexible as well as seriously loud - and as I've stated many times before, the transparency of this gear just lets your bass breathe as well as remain really articulate, plus for all the hi-fi qualities there's a warmth there too that just spanks so many other amps around right now. I plugged into a 6.0 simply by chance in the Gallery a couple of years ago with my Sei and the bass just sang - I'd love to try one of the Streamliners - and the 9.2 Shuttle looks pretty nuts as well! :)

Mike

[quote name='bobbytodd' post='1204677' date='Apr 19 2011, 12:51 PM']has anybody tried the streamliner with a barefaced super twelve?and if you have was is any goodsince im torn between the rh740 and rs212 or streamliner and super twelve[/quote]
Yep. Yorkshire Bass Bash at Harrogate when WoT tried his Jazz, Precision and his Streamliner with my Super Twelve cab. Sublime. Very, very impressed.

[quote name='bobbytodd' post='1204677' date='Apr 19 2011, 12:51 PM']has anybody tried the streamliner with a barefaced super twelve?and if you have was is any goodsince im torn between the rh740 and rs212 or streamliner and super twelve[/quote]

I have a Streamliner 900 and RH750 all coming tomorrow, but my guesses are the Rh750 will be my favourite as the 450 I sold to get the 750 was my all time favourite micro amp.

The 750 will smash it volume wise, no doubt, as TC seem to rate them differently. Not that volume is an issue.

Ill try them both out back to back and MAYBE get a vid up...but time is tight at the moment. If not, a written review.

Ive had no micro amp since selling the 450 and LM3 so Im happy to get what I planned in a few months back.

Edited by Musicman20

My SL600 is also coming tomorrow from the same place.

Good times, until the CC bill arrives.

My small(er) amp quest all started a few months back when i was at the Gallery and saw a small GK head. I still want something even smaller but after so long with MB heads im looking forward to a change.

SA450 will be up for sale in a couple of weeks.

Oh, and who's the bugger that brought the last SL600 from the gallery this morning lol. Snatched from right under my nose :-)

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='Raggy' post='1205558' date='Apr 20 2011, 09:52 AM']Congrats.

You are so going to love this amp with your CV P :)

(well I hope so, I do!)[/quote]

Cheers and yes, im sure i will.

Although my cab is quite coloured im hoping this amp will add a bit more depth to it, plus if it has a slight mid scoop that will help replace the BDDI.

Its going to be a long day.

Ive also just ordered a Gigskinz small mixer bag for it. £46 inc next day delivery. I thought that was a pretty good price.
i'll need to fit my radio system and a few leads in the pockets. Im hoping it will hold everything.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1205594' date='Apr 20 2011, 10:36 AM']You could say that... :)[/quote]

yeah, it looks promising.

Still working through the threads on TB but the big deal for me is not the tubes as such but the fact that people are saying the low end is big and deep, but open.
I think after 5 years with a tight low end (gigady) this should be what ive been missing.

Oh, and thanks for that pic of the GS bag you posted. That convinced me its the one to get.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='largo' post='1205721' date='Apr 20 2011, 12:38 PM']As a gigging musician that likes to flightcase his amp, does the SL come with a rackmount kit? Nice looking amp but I'm not going to fling a gig bag in the back of the trailer, it'll last 5 minutes ![/quote]
Short answer... no.

I'm going to put mine in a Peli-type case for trips away.

Got mine yesterday too. (SL 600 & Berg AE112) :) :lol:
Had a play last night for a few hrs and what an incredibly clear, sharp yet warm sound with everything set flat.
I couldn't believe the differance. :lol:
Does show up my poor techique a bit and a little fret buzz noticed which I had never really picked up on with other amps. :)
This will off course be remedied tonight.
Plenty of scope for tonal change but need more time to find the sweet spot :D

Extremely light weight amp and cab.

Rehearsal Fri night and will put to full test.

All this and excellent service from Mark at Bass Direct.
Excellent advice, support and generally nice guy who kept me informed of order progress throughout.
Brilliant service and highly recommended.

Dave
:P

Ive plugged mine in (as opposed to plugging in to it) and all seems to be working fine. I wanted to make sure the LEDs all lit up etc.

I cant wait until everyone goes home from work tonight so i can have a play. I even brought my CV Jazz in to work. Shame im going to have to go through my Ashdown combo's 1x15 speaker rather than my 1212L but im sure its going to sound fantastic anyway.

Edited by dave_bass5