Why become a member? ×

New Genz Streamliner 900 in the house!

wateroftyne

[quote name='Linus27' post='1168873' date='Mar 19 2011, 09:23 PM']Nice one Gareth this was my concern. Think I will go for the Shuttle 9. I love the all black look :)[/quote]

the Streamliner has quite a bit of zing up top, if you want it. There was a lot of slap bass played through it when voicing it. The tubes are supposed to add warmth....not "dark".

3 valves in the pre..??

I like valves at that stage. I think the trend is to get them involved after the recent spate of mini amps, that might miss this feature;
for example, the markbass amps can sound little sterile and bland so would benefit from them, IMV.
Great at quieter volumes but lack something when pushed harder. Mind you, that doesn't save the SVT3pro. IMHO, of course.

[quote name='Raggy' post='1169396' date='Mar 20 2011, 12:33 PM']That's what I thought when I tried it.[/quote]

Glad I am not the only one as others were raving about it. I must admit that it was a beautifully made head and looked stunning, just a shame the sound was not up to much.

Had the chance this afternoon to try WoT's Streamliner and... I'm impressed!

It has to be the first of the lightweight amps that has had authority (not volume) yet has had an openness/clarity to the tone. I had three of the MB amps when they first came and I trialled WoT's TC and I didn't think any of them cut the mustard for me, certainly none have worried my allegiance to the Thunderfunk but the GB certainly has something above all of the other micro amps. WoT has kindly offered that I can try the GB out with the full band in a couple of weeks time and that will be an interesting trial. :)

I'd have to say that you need to be a little careful when using some of the gain settings when using cabs with certain horns/tweeters but if you can attenuate the horns/tweeters or dial in the right settings with the GB it'll not be an issue at all.

Yep I'm impressed.

[quote name='Linus27' post='1169484' date='Mar 20 2011, 01:56 PM']I must admit that it was a beautifully made head and looked stunning, just a shame the sound was not up to much.[/quote]

Yep, the features and build were great.

Just didnt work for my ears.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from collecting mine from Mark at Bass Direct (I bloody loves that place I does).

First impressions - Very happy with it. As warickhunt mentioned above there is a real authority about it. Set flat it sounds very good, very 'wide', that mid frequency selecter will come in handy at a gig going from a sharp punk tone to a ska/reggae tone.

I'm not going to really know until I gig it, but lets just say I am quietly confident :)

While I was there I umm, accidently, kind of put deposit down on a Berg AE 2x12, that little cab is a bluddy monsta :)

[attachment=76414:STR9_3.jpg]
[attachment=76415:STR9.jpg]

[quote name='Raggy' post='1185005' date='Apr 1 2011, 05:16 PM']....While I was there I umm, accidently, kind of put deposit down on a Berg AE 2x12, that little cab is a bluddy monsta....[/quote]
Ha ha... I went to buy 1 cab and came away with 2! Later I went in to buy another cab and came within a gnats of buying a 6 string MTD! I only just came around in time!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1162889' date='Mar 15 2011, 12:14 PM']Cheers!

Here's some more audio-only clips I did with a decent-ish recorder...

I tried to drive the amp hard without upsetting the neighbours...! I don't know how useful these are, as they were done in a hurry, but I'll post them anyway. Apologies for the occasional clipping...

[url="http://www.jollybeggars.co.uk/stuff/rounds_both.mp3"]Jazz, rounds, both pups on full[/url]

[url="http://www.jollybeggars.co.uk/stuff/roundsbridge.mp3"]Jazz, rounds, neck pup backed off a bit[/url]

[url="http://www.jollybeggars.co.uk/stuff/flats.mp3"]Jazz, flats, both pups on full[/url]

[url="http://www.jollybeggars.co.uk/stuff/fretless.mp3"]Fretless P, flats[/url][/quote]

Michael

Nice clips - I am really loving this amp! It really works well with all The Bergantino cabinets, although through the new AE212 it is really special, as some of you have already found out ;-D

Mark

Bugger. I knew i shouldn't have clicked on this thread.

Ive been thinking of downsizing my MB SA450 9yeah, really) and have been tempted by the few TC 4500 Classics that have been turning up on here, but after seeing this, and hearing the clips WoT has kindly uploaded im now 99% sure ill get a 600 sooner rather than later.

I was going to get a new bass but i think after 4 years with the SA450 im ready for amp GAS. The 600 will be more than loud enough and the price seems pretty good compared to the other small heads around at the moment.

Anyone care to comment how these sound compared to the MB heads?

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1189308' date='Apr 5 2011, 05:13 PM']Cheers, I'm sold.
I see that Nevada music are advertising them for £569 an din stock. Damn, i could have one before the next gig (if the website is accurate)[/quote]
Have a word with Mark at Bass Direct... you never know, he might be able to match it.

Mind you, I didn't think the 600 had hit these shores yet...?

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1189311' date='Apr 5 2011, 05:16 PM']Have a word with Mark at Bass Direct... you never know, he might be able to match it.

Mind you, I didn't think the 600 had hit these shores yet...?[/quote]

Cheers WoT.

I would call Navada first before ordering anyway but if its in stock then its not really about saving a few £.
Bass Direct are saying due in this month on their website, i dont know if they have them or not but if i could get one before this sat i would be very happy.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1187747' date='Apr 4 2011, 01:52 PM']Bugger. I knew i shouldn't have clicked on this thread.

Ive been thinking of downsizing my MB SA450 9yeah, really) and have been tempted by the few TC 4500 Classics that have been turning up on here, but after seeing this, and hearing the clips WoT has kindly uploaded im now 99% sure ill get a 600 sooner rather than later.

I was going to get a new bass but i think after 4 years with the SA450 im ready for amp GAS. The 600 will be more than loud enough and the price seems pretty good compared to the other small heads around at the moment.

Anyone care to comment how these sound compared to the MB heads?[/quote]
I had the SA450 and after trying WoT's Streamliner I'd say they would justify you looking at the GB. :)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1189328' date='Apr 5 2011, 05:24 PM']Cheers WoT.

I would call Navada first before ordering anyway but if its in stock then its not really about saving a few £.
Bass Direct are saying due in this month on their website, i dont know if they have them or not but if i could get one before this sat i would be very happy.[/quote]

I had the very first 600 and 900s in Europe a few weeks ago and they were all pre- sold, I have just had more 900s in stock and I have the 600s coming in next week, if you want one you can pre-order and I will send it straight out to you ;-)

Mark