Why become a member? ×

New Genz Streamliner 900 in the house!

wateroftyne

:hyper:

Mark at Bass Direct is a legend... it got here double-quick from the first batch in Europe, I believe.

Just had 20 minutes on it.. obviously it's too early to draw any conclusions, but it sounds glorious so far. The highs are lovely and rich, and I love that 220hz mid control. :)

Two gigs this weekend, so it'll get a decent workout. I'll see how it compares to my RH450 and Promethean...

Edited by wateroftyne

Cheers folks!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1146361' date='Mar 1 2011, 08:28 PM']Did you opt for the small gig skins bag?

That looks like a nice high quality amp. I only got mine or order the other day so might be a while yet.[/quote]

Yep I the Gigskinz bag is on backorder. It's going to be a couple of weeks yet....

I plunked around a bit more on this last night.. it sounds amazing through cans.

If I switch the hi-gain on (my basses are passive), and crank the gain to the sweet spot where it just begins to fatten up before distortion, it's lovely.

I can't wait to gig the bugger...

Ive no idea when mine will get here, but this is probably the first Genz amp that has really grabbed my attention.

The concept of a LM3 on steroids with more power, more heft, and ability to have super super clean and sheen or grit is excellent, plus the mid control seems to be getting rave reviews.

I really like the look of the 600 model. I need a light weight amp that will give me roughly the same warm sound I get from my vox 125 valve bass head. It's 30 years old and sounds wonderful but I just don't trust it at gigs, so I feel gas coming. I really do need to buy a backup.... Oh any excuse. :) :)