Why become a member? ×

1991 Warwick Streamer Stage 1

Floyd Pepper

Hi,

After having withdrawn this, I'm now testing the water again for anybody who is after a great Warwick bass for £[s]875[/s] - £800.
Cheers,
Jim

Hi,

As per my other post, I'm moving on the non-players and saving the money for a rainy day (or a vintage jazz rainy day) and after a lot of thought, I've decided to sell my 1991 Warwick Streamer Stage 1.

It really is a very good bass and for a bass celebrating it's 20 years birthday, it's in good condition with no major dings. There are some marks to the body (see photo) and it does show signs of use which is to be expected. Since I puchased it about a year ago, I have waxed it on several occassions and I will include the remainder of the wax with the bass.

It comes with a very low action and a Warwick Rockbag soft gigbag.
[attachment=73482:DSC_6852.JPG][attachment=73483:DSC_6853.JPG]
[attachment=73484:DSC_6854.JPG][attachment=73485:DSC_6855.JPG]

As always, I would prefer pick up although contact me for delivery options and cost.
Cheers,
Jim

Edited by Floyd Pepper

I've never played this bass nor do I personally have any affiliation with FP but I've yet to find a Streamer of this era that is a duffer! The woods IMHO are still of the best quality; the maple for the bodies on these basses [despite the minor dings], is tight and resonant and though I may prefer the woodiness of the Wenge necked basses, there is no other Warwick that gives the tone of these predominantly maple basses. Oh and the wax will last you 20 years... I made one tin last me that long and I used it on a LOT of Warwick basses! :)

[quote name='Kev' post='1153075' date='Mar 7 2011, 09:55 PM']Stunning :)

One thing though, is it the lighting or is left maple body wing darker than the right?[/quote]

There is a slight difference where 20 years of a right hand/wrist has brushed against the upper part of the maple body giving it a lighter tone but it's mainly the light for the photo which seems to exaggerate any difference.
Cheers, Jim

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1153145' date='Mar 7 2011, 10:46 PM']ah a twin of mine, if it's anything like mine this is a great bass at a brilliant price[/quote]

Thanks for the comment. I must admit that I thought I had priced it fairly but market is quiet at the moment.

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Tandro' post='1329203' date='Aug 5 2011, 08:22 PM']I'm not after a stage 1 myself (got one already), but I have to say that seems to be a pretty good price for this. Have a bump on me...[/quote]

Cheers Tandro.
Priced to sell so let's see what happens.....