Why become a member? ×

Explosions in the Sky

Jono

• 3 years later...

I had a bit of a disappointing EITS experience at the 10 Years of ATP event a couple of years ago. They played on the biggest stage and I really don't think it suited them at all. I imagine they'd be much better suited to smaller more intimate venues.

I was at the 2001 Manchester gig, but had to leave early cos my ex had to catch a bus :)

I also managed to see God is an Astronaut last year at Islington Mill in Salford, think it was February. I managed to haggle a tshirt off the merch guy, then for the first time ever had the balls to go upto the band and have a chat and asked for a photo, which they were all too happy to oblige for. When we'd left the gig and were going for the bus my mate chose THAT moment to share the fact that the photo didn't actually take properly..... :)

Went to the gig at the roundhouse last night and it was a little bit average. The sound was great, the venue was great but they didnt quite nail it for me. Maybe the venue was a little bit too big for them. Also the light show was terrible, just dull and uninspiring stuff which was unconnected to the songs. I would go and see them again but only in a smaller venue.

i thought they played a flawless set at the manchester sound was great, was a big venue but it felt intimate

saw mogwai recently at the sage in newcastle, was rubbish, they were tight and everything just looked like they werent enjoying it,

going to see this will destroy you soon, wooooo