Why become a member? ×

TO GO: Star For Sale

Pete Academy

[quote name='hubrad' post='1170596' date='Mar 21 2011, 01:02 PM']Mmmhhhmmmm.. An acre of Mars.......

[attachment=75356:Homer_drooling.gif][/quote]

I'm thinking of calling it "Hadley's hope" or something really grown up like "wobbling whoppers"

:)

• 3 weeks later...

(Should I tell him it's actually two stars? Or be a bit cunning and get two stars for the price of one?)

How much hydrogen left? Is the fusion PP chain or CNO cycle dominated? Spectral Type? Luminosity? This is information we shouldn't have to ask for to be honest.

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='1205443' date='Apr 20 2011, 04:14 AM'](Should I tell him it's actually two stars? Or be a bit cunning and get two stars for the price of one?)

How much hydrogen left? Is the fusion PP chain or CNO cycle dominated? Spectral Type? Luminosity? This is information we shouldn't have to ask for to be honest.[/quote]

I fell for one of these scams last year. I found out my 'star' was a Wolf-Rayet and I'd already lost 10 solar masses from outer layer 'blow-off' by the time I took possession. I was not a happy bunny as you can imagine. Then I was told that there was already a significant Fe population in the core and it was only a matter of time before it went off as a type 2 supernova.

Edited by martthebass

• 6 years later...

If you take the long term view (250 billion years?) that the Universe is cooling through Entropy and that the end will come with a whimper rather than a bang, and that fewer and fewer stars will be created, now could be the time to buy.

I'd consider doing a bit of research before diving in.. :blink: :blink: