Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

New: Sign up and get 20% off tickets for the London Bass Guitar Show - and we'll see you there!

Sign in to follow this  
Pete Academy

TO GO: Star For Sale

I am selling the star Kornephoros, based in the Andromeda Galaxy, which I bought a couple of years ago. I purchased this as an investment, but the recession has affected the market value of stars considerably. (Along with the price of guitar knobs, which have doubled recently.)

I paid fifty quid for it. I'm open to offers or trades.

Anything considered.

Edited by Pete Academy

[quote name='lettsguitars' post='1140335' date='Feb 24 2011, 07:50 PM']ooh. nice star mate. no money at the minute though due to recently spending a fortune on guitar knobs.[/quote]

:)

Not the best of locations in my opinion Pete, so I'll be looking elsewhere.

But have a bump and best of luck with the sale.

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='1140377' date='Feb 24 2011, 08:23 PM']I used to take the camper van out there, but since the hike in petrol prices, it's become rather uneconomical.[/quote]
old chip fat is like rocket fuel. but you smell like a chip van and end up with quite a hungry convoy.

MB1. :)
Buyer Beware!
I did purchase one of these recently! only to find it wasnt really a star at all!
I did however manage to get a full refund for my Kerry Katona!

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='1140334' date='Feb 24 2011, 07:47 PM']I am selling the star Kornephoros, based in the Andromeda Galaxy, which I bought a couple of years ago. I purchased this as an investment, but the recession has affected the market value of stars considerably. (Along with the price of guitar knobs, which have doubled recently.)

I paid fifty quid for it. I'm open to offers or trades.

Anything considered.[/quote]

I'm afraid to tell you, well I'm not actually afraid, but this is a 'fading star' and as such the price is well over
what it should be.
I can offer £16.78 fuel to be included and a partially eaten galaxy bar.
Please repond quickly as I also have eyes on something in Ursula Minor.

[quote name='mybass' post='1141283' date='Feb 25 2011, 02:38 PM']I'm afraid to tell you, well I'm not actually afraid, but this is a 'fading star' and as such the price is well over
what it should be.
I can offer £16.78 fuel to be included and a partially eaten galaxy bar.
Please repond quickly as I also have eyes on something in Ursula Minor.[/quote]

Ursula Andress? :)

Can you edit your topic title (i've added 'TO GO' for you) as this forum is for recycling unwanted items… your title implies that you are selling, if thats the case I think eBay would be the best bet for your star… I hear they are selling like hot cakes.

Something like 'Star… free to a good home' would be far more suitable here

Shep

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1141781' date='Feb 25 2011, 09:08 PM']Can you edit your topic title (i've added 'TO GO' for you) as this forum is for recycling unwanted items… your title implies that you are selling, if thats the case I think eBay would be the best bet for your star… I hear they are selling like hot cakes.

Something like 'Star… free to a good home' would be far more suitable here

Shep[/quote]

I tried ebay but the shipping is expensive. Three quid per light year. I'd prefer if someone would collect.

I had a reply from Grok from a neighbouring galaxy, who happened to be passing through, but he let me down.

Typical.

[quote name='MB1' post='1141719' date='Feb 25 2011, 08:41 PM']MB1. :)
Ursula Andress? :)[/quote]

Not got my glasses...is that Ursula Undress...heavens forbid.

[quote name='MB1' post='1141719' date='Feb 25 2011, 08:41 PM']MB1. :)
Ursula Andress? :)[/quote]

Unless he means Ursula Minor. In which case we may need social services.

[quote name='spinynorman' post='1144692' date='Feb 28 2011, 05:41 PM']Unless he means Ursula Minor. In which case we may need social services.[/quote]

No! Ursula Andress.

I tried to buy one of those already off BassChat and blaaaast me, this is what I got instead!

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='1149596' date='Mar 4 2011, 03:59 PM']I'd consider a swap for an acre of the moon.[/quote]

I'd consider a swap,but Barratts have already made me a good offer on my acre of moon.

I have an acre of Mars but i'm hoping the Beagle landed on my bit so i can charge back rent

[quote name='fumps' post='1170573' date='Mar 21 2011, 12:52 PM']I have an acre of Mars but i'm hoping the Beagle landed on my bit so i can charge back rent[/quote]
Mmmhhhmmmm.. An acre of Mars.......

[attachment=75356:Homer_drooling.gif]