am going tom to have a look see,what do you guys think
worth a punt or not

been playing the jazz,and have sold the six string,never played a peavey
so couldnt tell the first thing about them

any help would be good
thanks in advance

cheers
stef

I havn't played one personally but the Cirrus has a reputation to be a very good bass. Many Peavey instruments are considered 'good for the money' but the Cirrus tends to be considered a keeper. They made the bass with quite a large choice of wood and finish options, each of which with thier own price tags, with the exotic ones costing around the £1k marker. If it's in good condition I'd say £250 was a bargain regardless of the finish.

Shep

Is it the USA-made Cirrus, or the Indonesian/Chinese(?)-made Cirrus BXP? The 5-string BXP sells for about £460 new, so that seems more likely.

The BXP is so well reviewed that I bought one in January, but known to have some QC issues with the wiring, which is why mine is back at the retailers! But that'll be its own thread, when it's all sorted out. I'm nowhere near experienced enough to tell you how good it was otherwise, sorry. Certainly a nice instrument, though.

The USA Cirrus is very nice indeed, from what I've read. One went on eBay for about £440 a couple of weeks ago, which must have peed the seller off no end.

Hi
I have owned the top end cirrus american Made model Which If i rember at the time Had a rrp of over £2000
all exotic woods ,active etc.
i have also owned a budget model peavey Dyna bass 5 string which was around £200

both basses were excellent and realy good quality .
never seen anything bad from peavey.

Regards
Jay

[quote name='jay bass' post='1139365' date='Feb 23 2011, 11:12 PM']Hi
I have owned the top end cirrus american Made model Which If i rember at the time Had a rrp of over £2000
all exotic woods ,active etc.
i have also owned a budget model peavey Dyna bass 5 string which was around £200

both basses were excellent and realy good quality .
never seen anything bad from peavey.

Regards
Jay[/quote]
just found a pic of the usa cirrus all Maple And gold

[attachment=73083:cirrus2.jpg]