Why become a member? ×

Ibanez BTB470 in white! £170 inc postage :-) SOLD

bkman42

Bought this fantastic bass from a fellow basschatter at the weekend. Its a stunning bass and has one hell of a sound. It's 35 inch scale, neck thru with Bartolini active pickups.
The finish of this bass is a real show stopper :-) The only reason i am selling is due to the fact the neck is a tiny bit wide for my taste :-( Bass is 100% mint and from the look of it has had pretty much no use!

I will include free shipping.

Thanks for looking folks

Edited by bkman42

Price drop:-( Last price drop for a fantastic bass! Give me a shout before the weekend if you want to buy before i put on evilbay :-)

[quote name='bkman42' post='1136199' date='Feb 21 2011, 08:35 PM']Bought this fantastic bass from a fellow basschatter at the weekend. Its a stunning bass and has one hell of a sound. It's 35 inch scale, neck thru with Bartolini active pickups.
The finish of this bass is a real show stopper :-) The only reason i am selling is due to the fact the neck is a tiny bit wide for my taste :-( Bass is 100% mint and from the look of it has had pretty much no use!

Thanks for looking folks[/quote]

[quote name='bkman42' post='1137564' date='Feb 22 2011, 07:44 PM']Thanks for pointing that out :-)[/quote]
I'm not sure if that was a slightly sarcastic remark or not, but I'm just saying, it can take a little while to shift them, try and be patient. If you get rid of it on here, you'll probably be better off than doing it on ebay.

Not a sarcastic remark mate. What i should have said was it's the least i can sell it for :-) Sold 5 basses via basschat and always had great luck, as for ebay not a big fan of using it to be honest :-(

[quote name='budget bassist' post='1138705' date='Feb 23 2011, 03:29 PM']I'm not sure if that was a slightly sarcastic remark or not, but I'm just saying, it can take a little while to shift them, try and be patient. If you get rid of it on here, you'll probably be better off than doing it on ebay.[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

The bass looks fantastic! Ibanez BTB series is truely exceptional! I've had a chance to own the older BTB405 model when they weren't neck-thru's. The tone was there but my hands didn't get used to the width of the neck due to it being a 5-string. BTB's don't have the usual thin necks like the SR/SRX series so it'll suit people who like Ibanez basses but don't want a skinny neck :)

Not to mention Brian is an awesome seller! I've recently purchased his SRX590 at a steal price and it's a fantastic piece of gear!

Thanks for the offer mate but the OLP's ain't really the bass for me. Brian

[quote name='Spolodaface' post='1155208' date='Mar 9 2011, 12:54 PM']hmm, would you consider trading for a OLP Tony Levin MM5?

almost a musicman :)[/quote]

Aw well no great interest in this bass so going to put on evil bay tomorrow :-)

[quote name='bkman42' post='1136199' date='Feb 21 2011, 08:35 PM']Bought this fantastic bass from a fellow basschatter at the weekend. Its a stunning bass and has one hell of a sound. It's 35 inch scale, neck thru with Bartolini active pickups.

Bass still up for grabs but looking for a cash sale or a trade for a sterling bass (with cash on top)

Thanks

Brian

[quote name='Evil Undead' post='1164676' date='Mar 16 2011, 05:38 PM']Trade for a very nice LTD B155DX?

Hoping it hasn't gone on evilbay yet :)[/quote]

[quote name='bkman42' post='1164804' date='Mar 16 2011, 07:01 PM']Bass still up for grabs but looking for a cash sale or a trade for a sterling bass (with cash on top)

Thanks

Brian[/quote]

No problem mate

I'd be on it like a shot if I could see the LTD but we'll see what happens there!

• 2 weeks later...

Still for sale. Really need to get this bass moving as it's collecting dust haha

[quote name='Evil Undead' post='1164815' date='Mar 16 2011, 08:10 PM']No problem mate

I'd be on it like a shot if I could see the LTD but we'll see what happens there![/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bkman42' post='1136199' date='Feb 21 2011, 09:35 PM']Bought this fantastic bass from a fellow basschatter at the weekend. Its a stunning bass and has one hell of a sound. It's 35 inch scale, neck thru with Bartolini active pickups.

Price drop ;-)

I have a btb 400 myself, dunno if it's exactly the same thing, but I have always been very pleased with its results. It's an amazingly versatile bass and if you get accustomed to it, you can pretty much get any sound you want out of it, I remember paying 400€ for it with a set of elixirs on it, so £200 can be considered a good price if in good state. I recommend it to anyone!
Good luck with your sale

Jon

The bass is in mint condition ;-)

[quote name='Jonnyrocks' post='1207445' date='Apr 21 2011, 07:46 PM']I have a btb 400 myself, dunno if it's exactly the same thing, but I have always been very pleased with its results. It's an amazingly versatile bass and if you get accustomed to it, you can pretty much get any sound you want out of it, I remember paying 400€ for it with a set of elixirs on it, so £200 can be considered a good price if in good state. I recommend it to anyone!
Good luck with your sale

Jon[/quote]