Why become a member? ×

Fender custom shop closet classic 64 jass (for sale)

richardd

[quote name='richardd' post='130184' date='Jan 29 2008, 05:57 PM']On the slight possiblity of me buying a Sadowsky from our feathered friend,I am offering my 2007, 1964 custom shop closet classic in an amazing colour being Burgandy Mist (ie Guy Pratt) this colour took one year to arrive from Fender ,the Bass is in as perfect condition as a closet classic can be with no dings or scratches apart from plectrum ones on the pick guard it has an alder boby reverse tuning pegs and all the Fender candy plus of course the Certificate of Authenticity serial no R35047 dated 03/07/07 The only ones you can get off of the shelf are 3 colour sunburst & Olympic white and the best price is £1850 from GAK Dolphin and any other Fender dealer it has a Blk Tolex case with Orange lineing mint condition This Bass has never been gigged I am asking £1600 no trades sorry this is a one off Super Bass. I will ship anwhere and Pay Pal can be used, 4% i think, at buyer expense I will try to post pics tonight or tomorrow For any more info please call 07710 153025 or email richard_durrance@btinternet .com Regards Rich

Now reduced through lack of interest to £1450.00

Final reduction or back in the closet £1350[/quote]

Midweek Bump. Not even one offer on this fantastic Bass. Shame on you all

[quote name='richardd' post='145938' date='Feb 24 2008, 11:55 AM']Twas good to see you again Steve ,thanx for those kind words,notice you soon poped the V on basschat, good luck with the sale mate, a nice deal all around The Sadowsky is a minter, can't wait to gig it tomorrow night,Very Best Wishes Rich[/quote]

Cheers Rich, the gear merry go round continues :-)

It will blow you away when you gig with it!

Steve

[quote name='richardd' post='147126' date='Feb 26 2008, 10:13 AM']Proberbly sooner than you think Jim ( interested)[/quote]

:) How dare you sir!!! You seem to be suggesting that I'm some kind of insatiable GAS addict, I take this as a very personal attack and expect an imediate retraction....

Unless it's a Sado' 4 String Jazz **hangs head in GAS shame** :blush:

[quote name='gareth' post='147134' date='Feb 26 2008, 10:20 AM']"Proberbly sooner than you think Jim ( interested)"

Is it just me or does there seem to be a move away from high end fender like copies back to the real thing?

Having had both Fender CS and Sadowsky basses - how do you think they compare?[/quote]

I'll chirp in here as I have owned both. I think in terms of build quality and playability they are very similar although I think the Sadowskys are slightly consistently higher quality but when you get a good CS one you get a good one!

They differ in terms of sounds as the Sadowksy doesnt do the passive fender as well as the CS and the CS doesnt do the aggressive cut through as well as the Sadowsky in my opinion.

Horses for courses, both cracking basses!

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='147141' date='Feb 26 2008, 10:27 AM']I'll chirp in here as I have owned both. I think in terms of build quality and playability they are very similar although I think the Sadowskys are slightly consistently higher quality but when you get a good CS one you get a good one!

They differ in terms of sounds as the Sadowksy doesnt do the passive fender as well as the CS and the CS doesnt do the aggressive cut through as well as the Sadowsky in my opinion.

Horses for courses, both cracking basses!

Steve[/quote]

Owned a few of both varieties in my time....

Buy a Decent Fender Jazz and a Sadowsky DI Box ! Live Happily ever after in the best of both worlds !

Tell me you haven't got that Red Sadowsky of Steves? :huh:

Actually probably best if you don't, you don't want to hear a crash in the middle of the night and find a GAS crazed Cougar tearing apart your home. :)

I've been casting anxious glances at that Olly white Jazz he's selling and hoping the GAS passes.

[quote name='Mr Cougar' post='148456' date='Feb 28 2008, 03:30 PM']Tell me you haven't got that Red Sadowsky of Steves? ;)

Actually probably best if you don't, you don't want to hear a crash in the middle of the night and find a GAS crazed Cougar tearing apart your home. :huh:

I've been casting anxious glances at that Olly white Jazz he's selling and hoping the GAS passes.[/quote]

Hes got it alright :)

Two great basses there Rich!