Why become a member? ×

Covering metal grille in speaker cloth

Pow_22

Im about to take on a 2x15 Laneyt bass cab after chasing a 2x15 for ages. It has the usual black metal grille on the front and my question is.....if i cover this grille in a reto looking silvery speaker cloth will this effect the sound/efficiency of the cab? Was thinking of usuing a spray adhesive onto the grille (obviosuly while off the cab) and pressing it down onto a length of retro speaker cloth before cutting to size etc

[quote name='Pow_22' post='1134167' date='Feb 20 2011, 11:16 AM']Im about to take on a 2x15 Laneyt bass cab after chasing a 2x15 for ages. It has the usual black metal grille on the front and my question is.....if i cover this grille in a reto looking silvery speaker cloth will this effect the sound/efficiency of the cab? Was thinking of usuing a spray adhesive onto the grille (obviosuly while off the cab) and pressing it down onto a length of retro speaker cloth before cutting to size etc[/quote]

It won't have any noticeable effect on the efficiency or sound of the cab.

I suspect though that the shape of the metal grille will show through.

[quote name='Pow_22' post='1135074' date='Feb 21 2011, 08:01 AM']THis was an option i was thinking of too. Can you recomend any places to get the cloth? Im after the silvery grey stuff thats on the vintage fender cabs[/quote]

Try These

[url="http://www.zillacabs.com/tolex_grill_cloth.php"]http://www.zillacabs.com/tolex_grill_cloth.php[/url]

regards
Jay