Why become a member? ×

• 8 months later...

..I love it when you come out with the Yams...lovely!
(I also would have guessed from the jpeg at a 3-piece mahogany body.)
So surprised this didn't shift like a greased weasel Noel... a set neck guitar with mojo, beautifully crafted, with a hard case..for just over 3 ton.
Does a seam of Yammys run under your house?! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Trokebag' timestamp='1335384273' post='1630373']
Hi there this guitar looks like a beauty, i wanted to ask what the sounds are like on it? like does it have a rich warm tone or twangy, or both even?

[/quote]
I have a similar age/lower end yamaha SG - and the thing is amazing. My one is rich and warm, and with the coil tap I added it has a single coil type twang too. With a nice body to it if you know what I mean?

[quote name='noelk27' timestamp='1340496964' post='1705405']
Unlike your 400, the 200 utilises lesser woods and omits the carved top and the finer embellishments, such as binding. That said, the 200 is a solid performer, easily bettering the made in China Epiphones and Tokais of today.
[/quote]

[size=1](i know that! but I wouldn't have elaborated to say that in your sale thread! :o )[/size]

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

[quote name='noelk27' timestamp='1340496964' post='1705405']
Unlike your 400, the 200 utilises lesser woods and omits the carved top and the finer embellishments, such as binding. That said, the 200 is a solid performer, easily bettering the made in China Epiphones and Tokais of today.
[/quote]

Without sounding rude, this Yamaha p*sses all over all the Epiphones and Tokai's of today. No, it is not an SG2000 and if it was it would have gone long long ago. It is however a really nice gutsy guitar that sounds a bit too cheap to me... Unless of course for the same price you fancy a new bottom of the range banjo?