Why become a member? ×

Fender American Deluxe Precision Bass ash 5-string SOLD

XB26354

[quote name='XB26354' post='1132092' date='Feb 18 2011, 12:23 PM']I recently bought this on Basschat but the combination of a bike service and pending new bike forces sale.

Made in 2000, natural with maple board, tort guard and 5 tuners online headstock.
P and twin jazz pickups, Aguilar OBP3 circuit. I've changed the original string tree for a pair of Hipshot custom ones (like the later US Deluxes). Strung with brand new D'Addario Pro Steels 50-135.

Original Fender hard case.

Has a few dings on body and neck but not on the front and nothing that affects playability.

£650 firm. I'm in New Malden in Surrey, collection only please.
Pics to come[/quote]

You've moved just up the road from me. Are you still doing lessons?

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='1132674' date='Feb 18 2011, 07:59 PM']Cool bass! Although last time I tried a P5 I found uncomfortably wide at the nut (1.875") for my smallish hands so ended up with a BB415 (1.7") instead. Any idea of the nut width on this one?[/quote]
It's 1.875", but doesn't feel wide to me. Then again I am used to 6-strings...

[quote name='bassbloke' post='1132677' date='Feb 18 2011, 08:02 PM']You've moved just up the road from me. Are you still doing lessons?[/quote]

I used to but the job is now very busy, I'm studying for my MCSA and the amount of travelling I do means a shiny new motorbike, hence the sale :)
I really shouldn't be selling this as it is as close to perfection as I can get, but needs must. I could possibly post but would need a bit of time to get a box and packing etc. Build quality and tone are up there with the best US Fenders. This one reminds me of the Marcus Miller 5 I had last year.

[quote name='XB26354' post='1133245' date='Feb 19 2011, 12:01 PM']I used to but the job is now very busy, I'm studying for my MCSA and the amount of travelling I do means a shiny new motorbike, hence the sale :)
I really shouldn't be selling this as it is as close to perfection as I can get, but needs must. I could possibly post but would need a bit of time to get a box and packing etc. Build quality and tone are up there with the best US Fenders. This one reminds me of the Marcus Miller 5 I had last year.[/quote]

Mathew is a great guy to deal with, I bought the Marcus from him, and even though we had a bit of bother with couriers, he was the ultimate professional to deal with. Don't let that courier scenario put you off too much Mat.
A great looking Bass, if I had the money would be tempted myself, good luck with the sale and have a bump on me,

Mark

[font="Book Antiqua"][/font][size="3"][/size][color="#006400"][/color]

[quote name='XB26354' post='1132092' date='Feb 18 2011, 12:23 PM']I recently bought this on Basschat but the combination of a bike service and pending new bike forces sale.

Made in 2000, natural with maple board, tort guard and 5 tuners online headstock.
P and twin jazz pickups, Aguilar OBP3 circuit. I've changed the original string tree for a pair of Hipshot custom ones (like the later US Deluxes). Strung with brand new D'Addario Pro Steels 50-135.

Original Fender hard case.

Has a few dings on body and neck but not on the front and nothing that affects playability.

£650 firm. I'm in New Malden in Surrey, collection preferred but could possibly post.
Pics to come[/quote]

I very intersted in this bass if its still available

[quote name='smileegee' post='1135101' date='Feb 21 2011, 08:50 AM'][Hi,

Is this bass active as well? Is so whats the tone like?[/quote]

It has a fat, punchy P-bass tone, quite passive sounding. The Aguilar pre adds a bit of volume and the eq is pretty transparent, so you get more bottom, middle and top without changing the overall tone of the bass. Being ash and maple it has a nice edge to the note but is much smoother than, say, a Marcus Miller jazz.