Why become a member? ×

Schroeder Cabs

Chezz55

[quote name='OldGit' post='491203' date='May 18 2009, 11:05 AM']Good news all round then :)

That's just a bit longer than a Schroeder would take.
Sean at SHX doesn't hold much stock as such so things have to come from Jorg anyway. (you can order from Jorg directly and he will "negotiate" on price and features such as Rhino hide, but you still have to pay the shipping and duty and VAT and shipper's ransom etc.. )[/quote]

My 1210R came from Jorg. Took just under three weeks IIR and my 1212L came from SHX in two days ;-) but i guess i was lucky as Shaun had that in stock when i needed it.
The Gallery also stock them now but i guess even they will have limited stock.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='491213' date='May 18 2009, 11:15 AM']Did anyone manage to get a Shroeder cover for it?

Apparently they have stopped making their own.[/quote]

I managed to get one from SHX last year for my 1212L at a very good price. Very glad i did.

I've had, from fellow BC members, a 1210R & two Bergo 1x12. All were great, but have now moved on (to other BC members).

I'd really like an 8 ohm 1212L to sit on top of my Eden D115, but can't afford a new one at the mo.

Interestingly, on the Schroeder website, there are comments to the effect that you don't need a 15" as their 12"s have a lot of bottom ...then they sell 15" cabs!

I'm seriously considering ordering a A Schroeder cab as i cant seem to find a tech one that fits my needs, considering the 4x10 or the 21012 light, anyone got any experience, I like to have loads of headroom as i hate working a cab too hard as my GB puts out a huge amount of bottem end, using and LM11.
Is SHX the place to buy? I see WOT's custom 4x10 is still for sale is that cause of the customness or that the 4x10s are harder to sell on?
Comments.....

[quote name='OldGit' post='491220' date='May 18 2009, 11:24 AM']Covers?

Ikea blue bags plus bubble wrap and gaffa tape .. :)[/quote]

The Schroeder one is really nice. Its padded so quite stiff, a very snug fit and has the logo no it :-)

The Schroeder one cost me £30, the one i got for my old UL212 cost £99 :-0

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='491242' date='May 18 2009, 11:52 AM']I'm seriously considering ordering a A Schroeder cab as i cant seem to find a tech one that fits my needs, considering the 4x10 or the 21012 light, anyone got any experience, I like to have loads of headroom as i hate working a cab too hard as my GB puts out a huge amount of bottem end, using and LM11.
Is SHX the place to buy? I see WOT's custom 4x10 is still for sale is that cause of the customness or that the 4x10s are harder to sell on?
Comments.....[/quote]

I believe SHX are the place to buy. Very quick email responses which is what you want. If you pay by bank transfer its cheaper :)

They arent that highly priced....although if they continue to gather steam no doubt they will be very expensive.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='490998' date='May 17 2009, 11:20 PM']Some people complain about the "mid-hump" like it's a bad thing!
I just say it's more "poky" :)[/quote]

It's interesting that because I got one and heard of the hump (dromedary) but on my Alembic Pre the mid is boosted to 7 as is the bass with the treble at 5.
So what I'm saying is that I don't really hear that in my rig...
Could it be the Pre?

Plus the Alembic bass has rich mid tones too, and the Jazz sounds f***ing draw dropping through it (especially with a bit of compression from the Fishman Platinum pro)

Edited by jakesbass

[quote name='jakesbass' post='491285' date='May 18 2009, 12:41 PM']It's interesting that because I got one and heard of the hump (dromedary) but on my Alembic Pre the mid is boosted to 7 as is the bass with the treble at 5.
So what I'm saying is that I don't really hear that in my rig...
Could it be the Pre?[/quote]

Near-flat response from the Alembic preamps is 2-10-2, so 7-7-5 is quite a bit of mid cut and bass & treble boost.

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='491291' date='May 18 2009, 12:44 PM']Near-flat response from the Alembic preamps is 2-10-2, so 7-7-5 is quite a bit of mid cut and bass & treble boost.

Alex[/quote]

Alex thats a very interesting bit of info there mate, puts my dialling in a whole new light.
Cheers
Jake

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='491245' date='May 18 2009, 11:58 AM']The Schroeder one is really nice. Its padded so quite stiff, a very snug fit and has the logo no it :-)

The Schroeder one cost me £30, the one i got for my old UL212 cost £99 :-0[/quote]

Yeah I know they are good :) Had one for my 1212L ..

[quote name='OldGit' post='491220' date='May 18 2009, 11:24 AM']Covers?

Ikea blue bags plus bubble wrap and gaffa tape .. :rolleyes:[/quote]

I have a similar solution as I've changed the position of the feet on my 1212 and always use it verticle so a proper Schro cover wont work, but I get endless stick about my "bag 'n gaffa" cover from my band. To be fair mine does look crap :)

[quote name='ezbass' post='491371' date='May 18 2009, 02:11 PM']I have a similar solution as I've changed the position of the feet on my 1212 and always use it verticle so a proper Schro cover wont work, but I get endless stick about my "bag 'n gaffa" cover from my band. To be fair mine does look crap :)[/quote]

Yeah my band give me stick too.. Then during the gig they park all their covers in the one I have that still has the short handles on it :rolleyes:

I totally agree with having covers but I'd rather have a set of strings or two and DIY covers.

[quote name='OldGit' post='491433' date='May 18 2009, 02:56 PM']Yeah my band give me stick too.. Then during the gig they park all their covers in the one I have that still has the short handles on it :)[/quote]

Funny that as after most gigs i find mine is filled with drum covers, coats, even rubbish.
Probably because its upside down and so an easy place to put things.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='491443' date='May 18 2009, 03:05 PM']Funny that as after most gigs i find mine is filled with drum covers, coats, even rubbish.
Probably because its upside down and so an easy place to put things.[/quote]

What can you say about one's fellow band members? Oh yes, they're all b@st@*ds!

[quote name='ezbass' post='491631' date='May 18 2009, 05:37 PM']What can you say about one's fellow band members? Oh yes, they're all b@st@*ds![/quote]

Agreed

Im the skinniest one...I end carrying Marshall heads, helping with the Orange 4x12 Guitar cab (wow they are VERY heavy) and most the drums. The rest of them are a lot bigger built than me yet are complete girls when it comes to carrying.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='491641' date='May 18 2009, 05:43 PM']Agreed

Im the skinniest one...I end carrying Marshall heads, helping with the Orange 4x12 Guitar cab (wow they are VERY heavy) and most the drums. The rest of them are a lot bigger built than me yet are complete girls when it comes to carrying.[/quote]

Well the last two post have pretty much summed up my bands as well.

[quote name='OldGit' post='491692' date='May 18 2009, 06:23 PM']Hey Alex, maybe you should target Marshall stack guitarists next :)[/quote]

I do have a design in development for those guitarists using modelling amps - a 1x12" that'll go as loud as a 4x12" without the annoying beaming.

Alex

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='491708' date='May 18 2009, 06:41 PM']I doubt it'll sell unless it is the size of a bungalow and has 3 dummy speakers in it :rolleyes:[/quote]

Ha ha
That's one thing the OP should consider .. the little Schroeders or Bergs or Barefaced will keep up with a Marshall full stack but people will be looking for the rest of your stack 'cos it will look a bit silly in conventional terms :)