Why become a member? ×

Schroeder Cabs

Chezz55

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='512484' date='Jun 12 2009, 10:10 PM']It's a long story, for perhaps another time, but at last some pics of my new rig, with the new 410L! Hoping for great things as I get the vibe that these are well matched[/quote]

Ive always wanted that cab but cant justify spending that sort of money when i have a perfectly good 1212L.
Its a fantastic cab though, good luck with it.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='alexclaber' post='498516' date='May 27 2009, 09:10 AM']To continue repeating myself, the power rating of a cab is a thermal rating - it does not take into account how far the woofers can move without distortion. So a 1200W rated 4x10" is unlikely to handle more than about 300W in the lows without distortion. (And I'm not just referring to run of the mill 4x10"s, I mean the boutique neo ones as well). Also the power rating of a cab does not tell you how much power is needed to 'push it properly' - in fact the larger the cab, the less power you will need to get to gig volume.

Alex[/quote]
Alex, Im sure all this thermal rating stuff is perfectly valid etal, but all us guys want to know is how the f@ck does it sound in practice, Ive had a 4 hour praccy tonight with a schroeder 410 and its bloody amazing and apparantly gets better as time goes on, do u have a scheme to trial stuff, as ive just got shot of 2 MB 15's in favour of a tighter 410 sound and cant see how a 115 can sound as totally puckered ars@ as what ive played tonight.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='515951' date='Jun 16 2009, 11:54 PM']Alex, Im sure all this thermal rating stuff is perfectly valid etal, but all us guys want to know is how the f@ck does it sound in practice[/quote]

In practice most cabs totally wimp out if you actually hit them with their rated power. That's one of my points. The other one was that because a cab has a high power rating it doesn't mean it needs that much power - in fact as I just said it will rarely actually handle that power in the lows.

I have a 14 day trial period on the cabs. Generally when people talk about a tighter sound what they actually mean is less bottom, and the 410L is tiny for the number of woofers in there, so not much depth to the lows. The Compact certainly goes deeper than that. Sometimes however a lack of tightness is due to cabs being undersized and thus boomy, which the Compact certainly isn't.

Alex

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='512484' date='Jun 12 2009, 10:10 PM']It's a long story, for perhaps another time, but at last some pics of my new rig, with the new 410L! Hoping for great things as I get the vibe that these are well matched

[/quote]

Stupid question alert:

As the side of the cab is clearly solid - what is the point of having angled cones pointing at the inside of the cab?

Wouldn't an angled enclosure (like the good old Marshall 412 or a Hartke Pro 2200) be more efficient?

[quote name='fretmeister' post='516190' date='Jun 17 2009, 10:18 AM']Stupid question alert:

As the side of the cab is clearly solid - what is the point of having angled cones pointing at the inside of the cab?

Wouldn't an angled enclosure (like the good old Marshall 412 or a Hartke Pro 2200) be more efficient?[/quote]

One reason is it keeps the size down, the whole point of the Schroeder cabs.

• 1 month later...