Why become a member? ×

Unexpected windfall

Grand Wazoo

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1128644' date='Feb 15 2011, 05:54 PM']There ain't no after tax! that's what I got for them taxing me too much over the financial year April 2010 to April 2011, that rebate it is 100% mine. I have a nice salary, but my job is one of huge responsibilty. The funny thing is I never noticed I was getting taxed so much, so the taxman must be onto a good scam. :) now that is a job i'd like in my next life. :lol:[/quote]

Whiooooosh!!! there it goes .... :)

[quote name='jimmyb625' post='1128837' date='Feb 15 2011, 08:14 PM']Nice one Fran!

I had one of those yesterday as well, Happy Days!!

Check your letter again though, mine was for tax year 2009-2010, so yours may be as well.

I had a feeling something was due, as I'd been made redundant in 2009, but had forgotten about it. I'm pretty sure there'll be another on coming my way this time next year as well!![/quote]

Yes it was 2009-2010, was too excited to check properly. yay.

I don't normally like Mondays, but I did this week, because I had a nice little surprise from the [b]Her Majesties Inland Robbers[/b] too!

A nice little cheque to the tune of [size=3][b]£1,165.07[/b][/size]

And Yes! I have already spent some of it, on a nice Line6 wireless system, and it's great!

I've been walking around the whole house playing my [b]wi-fi[/b] bass, and wondering what else I can get!

Happy Days!!!!!!

Edited by thebrig

[quote name='thebrig' post='1129937' date='Feb 16 2011, 05:38 PM']I don't normally like Mondays, but I did this week, because I had a nice little surprise from the [b]Her Majesties Inland Robbers[/b] too!

A nice little cheque to the tune of [size=3][b]£1,165.07[/b][/size]

And Yes! I have already spent some of it, on a nice Line6 wireless system, and it's great!

I've been walking around the whole house playing my [b]wi-fi[/b] bass, and wondering what else I can get!

Happy Days!!!!!![/quote]

This i like the sound of ,i could get up to alsorts with a wireless system ,used to have a radio pack for stage years ago ,late 80s but found it used to lose sound quality and hiss alot,but i am guessing they have moved on a fair bit since then !

[quote name='gub' post='1129950' date='Feb 16 2011, 05:43 PM']This i like the sound of ,i could get up to alsorts with a wireless system ,used to have a radio pack for stage years ago ,late 80s but found it used to lose sound quality and hiss alot,but i am guessing they have moved on a fair bit since then ![/quote]
This really is a great piece of kit!

Line6 state that it is good up to 30 metres, but the guys in the shop tried it down the far end of the car park, which is about 70/80 metres away, and they still had a signal.

And the beauty of the Line6, is that it is digital, meaning it will not require an airwaves license when they come into force.

I highly recommend trying one if you were ever thinking about going back to wireless, and both the guys in the shop use them, and they say that they have never had a problem in over four years using them.

Ok I have enough basses and amps so admittedly today I didn't buy a bass but I fulfilled a life long dream and I've booked myself a 4 hours track day including 1 hr with instructors to [i][b]The Formula Ford Experience[/b][/i] at Brands Hatch Indy Circuit. I've been wanting to do that for ages and this was my chance.

I've done Brands on bikes many times before and I know every bend, every bump, but I've never had the chance to go round it in a Formula Ford car, so the date is set for April 16th early evening after their scheduled Stock car races. This should be exciting, watch this space! YAY!!!!

[url="http://www.buyagift.co.uk/Category/Id/610/Name/Product/Id/4281/Name/Race_Master_Driving_Experience_for_One_EC"]http://www.buyagift.co.uk/Category/Id/610/...ence_for_One_EC[/url]

Edited by Grand Wazoo