Why become a member? ×

Mesa Walkabout Scout Combo*****SOLD*******

birdy

Looking to sell this as I have something new coming in :-)

Will get pics up later but just seeing if any interest in this.

Its a loud 300W into a 12" 4 ohm speaker. The walkabout head is easily removed from the combo and can be used as a head in its own right, it has a lovely tube preamp and parametric EQ system.

It has been gigged and so is not immaculate. It comes with a canvas type cover that offers some protection.

Very occasionally the fan is quite noisy when you first turn the amp on. Turning it off and on again seems to sort this and it has never been enough of an issue for me to have it checked out etc but best to mention here.

I know that Flanker sold one here for £650 recently so I am looking for similar but am open to offers as it has done a few gigs!!

Thanks

Steve

Edited by birdy

Apologies for messing around with this but its back for sale. I was thinking of selling it and keeping my EBS rig but realistically I won't be using it and its too good a bit of kit to not be used.

I am open to sensible offers on this as stated. The only negative thing about this combo is that the fan is relatively noisy, theres threads galore about this on talkbass and some people have replaced the fan but it doesn't bother me enough to mess with it.

On the plus side its a LOUD 300w and has a great parametric EQ system and the walkabout head is easily removed from the 12" 4 ohm cabinet to be used with other cabs as desired.

Would prefer trial and pick up on this rather than postage. I am in North Birmingham.

Thanks

Steve

Hi,

Its black. Never seen a purple one but I know they do do different colours.

I am a little reluctant to ship overseas but will do based on the following conditions:

1) Buyer pays for shipping and insurance (approx £150 to most of Europe but will be charged at actual cost).
2) In the event of a problem I will refund within 7 days as long as the amp is returned in the condition it left AND the buyer pays for shipping BOTH ways.

I think this is fair.

Would ideally prefer local collection and trial etc.

Thanks

Steve

Trades Considered on this as follows:

EBS Microbass II plus cash my way
MarkBass F1 Head plus cash my way
MarkBass LM II plus cash my way.
Quality Preamp plus cash my/your way

Thanks

Steve

Edited by birdy

[quote name='birdy' post='132992' date='Feb 3 2008, 03:26 PM']Hi,

Its black. Never seen a purple one but I know they do do different colours.

I am a little reluctant to ship overseas but will do based on the following conditions:

1) Buyer pays for shipping and insurance (approx £150 to most of Europe but will be charged at actual cost).
2) In the event of a problem I will refund within 7 days as long as the amp is returned in the condition it left AND the buyer pays for shipping BOTH ways.

I think this is fair.

Would ideally prefer local collection and trial etc.

Thanks

Steve[/quote]

The conditions are fine. Do you still have the Mesa Boogie warranty, it's 5 years and transferrable.

[quote name='birdy' post='133029' date='Feb 3 2008, 02:13 PM']I should have. I bought this about 12 months ago from PMT in Birmingham and they will have records of the sale etc and I probably still have the receipt somewhere.

Are you sure its transferrable?

Thanks

Steve[/quote]

Steve, its not transferable in the UK, which is an absolute pi55er... I checked with the importer!

that being said mine was a year old when I got it and it still sings like a beauty....

The transferable warranty is for US models in the US......

If you contat Mesa they just refer you to teh importer....

Its not 5 years either the only place they offer the full 5 year transferable warrenty is in the region around the factory. Not even the whole of the US get it.

Bit of a cop out really due to the fact its on the website and only says in very small fine print that you have to check with your local dealer if its covered.

But the guys in the Uk are very helpful.