Why become a member? ×

Brand new Mesa amp!

Jonny Walker

[quote name='Jonny Walker' post='128970' date='Jan 27 2008, 10:37 PM']They still build all the Mesa products in the origional factory... give them some credit[/quote]

My dig is directed at the importer, really.

I don't care if it's built on the moon by the royal family... I ain't paying Sixteen hundred quid for an MPulse.

Someone somewhere is having a laugh, I think.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='129051' date='Jan 28 2008, 06:44 AM']My dig is directed at the importer, really.

I don't care if it's built on the moon by the royal family... I ain't paying Sixteen hundred quid for an MPulse.

Someone somewhere is having a laugh, I think.[/quote]

Agreed, they have obviously spent years cultivating the falacy that Mesa=Boutique. They're good solid amps but in the states they're just as cheap as Marshalls are to us - I can't think of any other US brand that gets such huge mark ups as a result of crossing the atlantic.

Have to chip in here - the mesa prices over here are ridiculous, it's just better to pick up a used one from the US and just replace the transformer...don't know what that says about their pricing policy but hey. Maybe prices over here are due to the fact there's only one distributer? Maybe if another opened up there might be more competition and so lower prices? I don't really know.