Why become a member? ×

Connecting Orange Ad200b to P.A

adz

Basically I have an Orange Ad200b and want the tone from the amp to go through the P.A. I use a distortion pedal and it sounds epic through the Ad200b and my matamp 4x10 but on gigs sound guys never bother to mic my cab and as there is no d.i out on the head they just d.i my bass. The P.A never sounds as sick.

Over the last two years with this amp only once has a sound guy ever used the slave out on the back of the head to run to the P.A. I am just wondering if he would have used a standard d.i box or is there something else one would need to accomplish using the slave out?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

[quote name='adz' post='1107703' date='Jan 29 2011, 10:47 PM']Basically I have an Orange Ad200b and want the tone from the amp to go through the P.A. I use a distortion pedal and it sounds epic through the Ad200b and my matamp 4x10 but on gigs sound guys never bother to mic my cab and as there is no d.i out on the head they just d.i my bass. The P.A never sounds as sick.

Over the last two years with this amp only once has a sound guy ever used the slave out on the back of the head to run to the P.A. I am just wondering if he would have used a standard d.i box or is there something else one would need to accomplish using the slave out?

Any help appreciated

Cheers[/quote]

If the sound guy wants to use a DI box it needs to go in after your fuzz pedal and before your amp input.

Just explain to the sound guy that you are using effects pedals and it'll muck up the sound of the band if he takes his feed from the other end of the chain.