Why become a member? ×

The Welsh T Band to tour Birmingham!

Funkmaster

Just a 'heads-up' that the Welsh T Band are on an occaisional trip to Birmingham next weekend.

The Saturday night gig is a private party but Friday night (1 Feb) is at the Roadhouse Venue - [url="http://www.roadhousevenue.co.uk"]http://www.roadhousevenue.co.uk[/url]

If any Birmingham based Basschatters have not got your Friday night planned next week it would be great to see you at the Roadhouse Venue!

David

Hi Homer

I thought that might be a strange one to be honest! We're on the Sunday afternoon slot - and will no doubt have to be away prompt to let some 'fabulous boy-girl duo' set up!

I'll let you knwo how we get on.

Or better still - come down and see!, if you're not too far away.

It would be good to have at least one friendly face there!

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Funkmaster

[quote name='Funkmaster' post='126681' date='Jan 24 2008, 09:33 AM']The Saturday night gig is a private party but Friday night (1 Feb) is at the Roadhouse Venue - [url="http://www.roadhousevenue.co.uk"]http://www.roadhousevenue.co.uk[/url]

If any Birmingham based Basschatters have not got your Friday night planned next week it would be great to see you at the Roadhouse Venue![/quote]
I might get down there - I play there every Thursday (but as yet haven't been down of a Friday).

You'll be glad to know that they rewired the monitor desk a couple of weeks ago, just for you. :)

[quote name='Funkmaster' post='127567' date='Jan 25 2008, 09:39 AM']Hi Homer

I thought that might be a strange one to be honest! We're on the Sunday afternoon slot - and will no doubt have to be away prompt to let some 'fabulous boy-girl duo' set up!

I'll let you knwo how we get on.

Or better still - come down and see!, if you're not too far away.

It would be good to have at least one friendly face there!

Cheers

Dave[/quote]

I'll see if Cameron (Wayne 58) fancies a pint. It's an 'upstairs' gig with no lift so don't take anything too heavy! Mind you, they sometimes have bands on downstairs too I believe but they always shove us upstairs.

Alan

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='127750' date='Jan 25 2008, 02:07 PM']I'll see if Cameron (Wayne 58) fancies a pint. It's an 'upstairs' gig with no lift so don't take anything too heavy! Mind you, they sometimes have bands on downstairs too I believe but they always shove us upstairs.

Alan[/quote]

Dave hasn't got anything too heavy - he manages very well with a little GK mb150 combo and extension - walks in with the full rig slung over his shoulder!!

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='127779' date='Jan 25 2008, 02:54 PM']Dave hasn't got anything too heavy - he manages very well with a little GK mb150 combo and extension - walks in with the full rig slung over his shoulder!![/quote]

Hi Dave! I've had a lot of interest in the GK gear at a couple of recent gigs - from bass players of a certain age who are begining to think about looking after their backs! I should get an endorsement deal with them!

[quote name='Mobius' post='127768' date='Jan 25 2008, 02:34 PM']That's quite near me, what sort of music do you guys play?[/quote]

It's Blues/R&B Mobius. All done with a certain amount of gusto. It'd be great to see you if you can get there.

[quote name='tauzero' post='127601' date='Jan 25 2008, 10:27 AM']I might get down there - I play there every Thursday (but as yet haven't been down of a Friday).

You'll be glad to know that they rewired the monitor desk a couple of weeks ago, just for you. :)[/quote]

Would be great to see you on Friday if you can get there, Tauzero. Monitors will be novel. We do without them on our usual gigging PA!