Why become a member? ×

Bass Collection Active Four String For Sale - £150

megallica

This is a Bass Collection Speakeasy four string model from 2007 in a white finish, active electronics, awesome sound, low action and ridiculously fast neck.
This is in excellent condition, bought as a backup for my Warwick Corvette and never used.
I've spent a few hours playing it at home and this thing is ridiculously easy to play, my only regret is that I didn't learn to play on one of these back when I started out.
I've found a vintage Yamaha that a local dealer is looking to sell on and I could do with putting some money into the deal, hence this sale.
I'm afraid I'm not interested in trades as this is purely to raise funds for my new bass.

I'd be happy for cash on collection or paypal as payment - I can post for an extra £20 if required.

This bass is in Milton Keynes, ten minutes from M1 junction 14.

Thanks

Andy

[quote name='jonannlou' post='1102997' date='Jan 25 2011, 11:44 PM']where abouts are you based mate? Also whats the overall tone like? by the way the g is on the wrong way![/quote]

I'm in Milton Keynes, about ten minutes from M1 junction 14
The tone is quite flexible, lots of room for tweaking from bright treble to dull thud
Hard to comment really as tone is so personal to bass players

[quote name='jonannlou' post='1102997' date='Jan 25 2011, 11:44 PM']by the way the g is on the wrong way![/quote]
I think bass collection stuff often had a L & R tuning peg on each side of the headstock as it allowed for a straight pull over the nut.

I may be corrected though.

[quote name='Hit&Run' post='1104551' date='Jan 26 2011, 11:18 PM']I think bass collection stuff often had a L & R tuning peg on each side of the headstock as it allowed for a straight pull over the nut.

I may be corrected though.[/quote]

My fretted 310 is strung the same way

[quote name='Hit&Run' post='1104551' date='Jan 26 2011, 11:18 PM']I think bass collection stuff often had a L & R tuning peg on each side of the headstock as it allowed for a straight pull over the nut.

I may be corrected though.[/quote]

You are correct - All bass collection basses with this design of headstock, including the 5s, had the top and bottom string tuners swapped over. The string goes up the 'wrong' side of the tuner to give a straight pull and the swapped-over machine heads still turn the right way.