Why become a member? ×

Purple Chili 1 x 12 Cab

fryer

EDIT - one of the cabs, the PC, is now sold. This leaves the Zoot cab which is getting lonely. The post below has been edited to suit.

A Purple Chili / Zoot 1 x 12 cab. It has been fitted with an Eminence 3012 LF ( instead of the original celestion ) . These are 450 w each at 8 ohm.

The cab for sale is the bottom one in the picture.

Unmarked, and complete with cover.

Size 20.5 " wide x 19.5" high x 16" deep, and weigh 13 kg.

Selling for £ 270 including delivery.

EDIT - I could replace the Eminence with a new, original Celestion BN 12 orange, for the same price. Therefore, it would be as new, with new driver, and unmarked cabinet, with cover, for £270. New these cost £375 each, without the cover, and the Eminence cost £115. .

Edited by fryer

[quote name='RichardH' post='1100819' date='Jan 24 2011, 02:20 PM']Interesting. Did you put the Eminences in? If so, how did it change the sound compared to the Celestions?[/quote]

I was going to ask a similar question. I don't know much about speaker manufacturers, but would this be considered as an 'upgrade' or simply a like-for-like swap?

Edited by Conan

I changed the drivers to take more power. I had a TH RH 450 head, which ran the 300 w celestions ok. But when I changed to an Orange Terror 500, they couldn't take the power. 450 to 500 shouldn't make a difference, but it did.

So I changed one first, and it handled the power no problem. Comparing the two, the eminences are not as loud at the volume setting ( lower SPL ) but to me sound better. So I changed the other.

Edited by fryer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...