Why become a member? ×

Acg PJ5.

giblett123

G'day all,

I recently bought one of Alans "Graft" basses and having totally blown away I'm going for a full spec build on another, this one is a kind of jazz shaped body with a "PJ" config.

Specs: 34" scale 5 string, ash body + dirty ash finish, wenge & padauk laminate neck, Mac ebony board, ACG EQ01 preamp, hipshot type A bridge, hipshot ultralite tuners, single coil ACG in the bridge position, split coil "P" type in an RFM housing on the neck.

More to follow!

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='skelf' post='1100170' date='Jan 23 2011, 09:39 PM']Greenking has to take credit for the PB pickup he has asked for one so I had a word with Aaron and it can be fitted into the RFS housing which suits me very well.

Alan[/quote]
Yep, should be interesting, I'm looking forward to it!

[quote name='skelf' post='1100170' date='Jan 23 2011, 09:39 PM']Greenking has to take credit for the PB pickup he has asked for one so I had a word with Aaron and it can be fitted into the RFS housing which suits me very well.

Alan[/quote]

Well that's got me thinking... :)

Eude

[quote name='giblett123' post='1100145' date='Jan 23 2011, 09:25 PM']G'day all,

I recently bought one of Alans "Graft" basses and having totally blown away I'm going for a full spec build on another, this one is a kind of jazz shaped body with a PJ config with the P being in a RFM housing.

Specs: 34" scale 4 string, ash body + dirty ash finish, wenge & padauk laminate neck, Mac ebony board, east U retro 01 circuit, hipshot type A bridge, hipshot ultralite tuners, single coil ACG in the bridge position, split coil P in RFM housing on the neck.

More to follow![/quote]

This has got me thinking! Just need to sell a kidney first!

[quote name='BigJim' post='1100310' date='Jan 23 2011, 11:46 PM']This has got me thinking! Just need to sell a kidney first![/quote]
Im looking forward to it, just something a little different and we all know it will be good, also a v reasonable price, I hadn't really considered the "dirty ash" finish until scrolling through the build progress pages and finding a single cut with it, that one looks seriously nice so I thought what the hell!

[quote name='giblett123' post='1100381' date='Jan 24 2011, 06:31 AM']Im looking forward to it, just something a little different and we all know it will be good, also a v reasonable price, I hadn't really considered the "dirty ash" finish until scrolling through the build progress pages and finding a single cut with it, that one looks seriously nice so I thought what the hell![/quote]

He he, that's my single cut :)

[quote name='giblett123' post='1100480' date='Jan 24 2011, 09:59 AM']It's a v cool looking bass you have, with the grain on the body I'm getting it should look pretty spectacular.[/quote]

Yeah, the finish really brings out the grain on the Ash.
The ash in particular on my bass is crazy light, the body is substantially lighter than the all wenge neck!
The bass can't be much more than 7 lbs, at least, that's what it weighs on our crappy bathroom scales.
It feels half the weight of my Shuker!

Eude

• 1 month later...

And so the excitement begins :)

I need a six string....

Hmmm....

Unfortunately I need money for a deposit on a house and a decent car (don't tell my current car) so I should be able to get a new bass in 20 or so years :lol:

I have a feeling this bass is going to be rather pretty though :)

[quote name='charic' post='1165264' date='Mar 17 2011, 01:03 AM']And so the excitement begins :)

I need a six string....

Hmmm....

Unfortunately I need money for a deposit on a house and a decent car (don't tell my current car) so I should be able to get a new bass in 20 or so years :lol:

I have a feeling this bass is going to be rather pretty though :)[/quote]
hope so!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='eude' post='1188336' date='Apr 4 2011, 09:09 PM']Looking good mate :)[/quote]
Yep, should be stunning, the dirty ash will look great on the grain/shape., really looking forward to checking out the take on the split coil P thing too, could be really interesting.

[quote name='giblett123' post='1188343' date='Apr 4 2011, 09:15 PM']Yep, should be stunning, the dirty ash will look great on the grain/shape., really looking forward to checking out the take on the split coil P thing too, could be really interesting.[/quote]

I'm not a huge J-Type fan but this does look, I admit, the mutts nuts.