Why become a member? ×

Bi-amping

MoJ

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='15075' date='Jun 10 2007, 02:22 PM']...bi-amping didn't produce an improvement in tone, it may have been more efficient etc...[/quote]

Biamping with cabs that are not specifically designed to be used with either an active or passive crossover is neither efficient nor a good idea. That's what I keeping trying but apparently failing to say.

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='15149' date='Jun 10 2007, 05:20 PM']I'm unconvinced by tuna on pizzas but I do like it raw and unsullied and will never refuse a rare tuna steak on the barbeque.

Alex[/quote]

Mmmmmmm..tuna steak.. ^_^

Ok here's a silly question. What's the point in having speakers of different sizes if you're not trying to get different sounds out of them?

Bi-amping is just a more sophisticated approach to it.

Even if your bass rig does just act as a stage monitor, it will hopefully be better designed for the job than monitor wedges, and should result in you and your band hearing you clearly and giving you all the sound you need to inspire the best in you.

[quote name='MoJ' post='15195' date='Jun 10 2007, 06:50 PM']Mmmmmmm..tuna steak.. ^_^[/quote]Ohhh yes... properly cooked (or indeed raw) it's a thing of beauty. But there are few things worse than an [i]over[/i]cooked one...

[quote name='Rich' post='15529' date='Jun 11 2007, 12:36 PM']Ohhh yes... properly cooked (or indeed raw) it's a thing of beauty. But there are few things worse than an [i]over[/i]cooked one...[/quote]

I really hated Tuna for years.. until I realised I had only ever had tinned Tuna!!! The shock came when I once had Tinned Salmon.. Euchhh.. talk about ruin a nice food!!!

[quote name='dood' post='15583' date='Jun 11 2007, 01:49 PM']I really hated Tuna for years.. until I realised I had only ever had tinned Tuna!!! The shock came when I once had Tinned Salmon.. Euchhh.. talk about ruin a nice food!!![/quote]

Oh yes, s*d this biamping lark... Tuna is where it is at!

Dry fried on a non-stick ridged griddle pan (makes it look nice with the lines on) and only the freshest fish preferably an inch thick at least.

Never ever cooked until you can see no pink/redness. The best Tuna is a one that doesn't taste or smell fishy. Does that make sense.

Agreed, the worst dish in the world is overcooked Tuna.

[quote name='The Funk' post='15521' date='Jun 11 2007, 12:21 PM']Ok here's a silly question. What's the point in having speakers of different sizes if you're not trying to get different sounds out of them?

Bi-amping is just a more sophisticated approach to it.

Even if your bass rig does just act as a stage monitor, it will hopefully be better designed for the job than monitor wedges, and should result in you and your band hearing you clearly and giving you all the sound you need to inspire the best in you.[/quote]

My point exactley Funk. Surely a good performance is when the musician is happy, and to me that includes being able to hear yourself on stage, clearly. Especially if you have to rely on your rig for monitoring. Two guitars to get through makes that hard work too! As you say, a good sound can bring out the best in you (and the worse, as you may realise what bad tone has been covering up!)

[quote name='dood' post='15583' date='Jun 11 2007, 01:49 PM']I really hated Tuna for years.. until I realised I had only ever had tinned Tuna!!! The shock came when I once had Tinned Salmon.. Euchhh.. talk about ruin a nice food!!![/quote]

Dood, you havent lived until that point of fresh tuna steak pan fried!

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='15932' date='Jun 11 2007, 10:08 PM']I tend to marinate a 15mm thick steak in teppanyaki sauce first and flash fry it for 4 mins each side. The inside has to be raw and the outside crispy :huh:[/quote]

Thats where Im at. Must admit, I a philistine compared to you guys. I like all my meat cooked with no pink bits whatsoever, and that includes tuna, but not dry mind you. Fried quick enough to get them crsipy bits and stay fresh, but long enough to be cooked all the way through...mmmm...

How did we get to tuna by the way? Does tuna like to bi-amp? :)

Edited by MoJ