Why become a member? ×

A Bunch Of Questions...

wahit

Hi guys!

I have a bunch of questions regarding basses, yet let me make you a very small introduction. I am a former bassist. I've played for some years and then stopped (time issues). The last time I touched a bass was almost four years ago, so I'm pretty much a newbie right now. This year I decided to play bass again, so I need to start all over again and I need... a bass.

When I played bass I had A LOT of them. I've tried and owned so many basses that I can't even remember how many I used to had. Honest. Yet, I've had Warwicks SS1, Fender Jazz Basses, MusicMan Stingray and a Yamaha TRB. I used to spend a lot of money with them, but now everything changed.

Now I don't want to spend a lot of money. I am on a budget of lets say... 600-650 UK pounds for the bass.

I created a shortlist of basses that I like (sound and look wise), yet I haven't tried all of them. Even though I loved basses like the Jazz Bass and the Streamers, I want something a little bit different (specially on the price). So, the basses I'm thinking of are:

- Warwick Corvette Std Bubinga
- Fender Precision Bass Classic 50s
- Sterling by MusicMan Stingray

Yep, totally different basses, but all within the same price range.

The fact is, my favorite bass sounds ever are the Warwick SS1/SS2, MusicMan Stingray and older Precision Basses. So yeah, I like something punchy and full! I'll play mostly funk/soul and alternative music, and maybe some jazz. I will use a lot of effects to modulate my sound, something I've never done before...

[u]And my questions are:[/u]

- Which of these basses do you think it would be the best choice for me!?

- What is the difference in sound (and everything else), between the MusicMan Stingray and the Sterling by MusicMan Stingray? Even though the last ones are cheaper, they still cost around 900 euros.

- Can the Corvette get a sound closer to the SS1/SS2, or is that impossible?!

Thank you guys!