Why become a member? ×

BASS BASH MARCH 2008

ped

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='125064' date='Jan 21 2008, 09:55 PM']Great news Ped! :)

And I can make it too... so I'm proposing that any Basschatters down on the 'sarf coast' consider travelling up together and sharing a minibus, which I can hire relatively cheaply..Don't mind sharing the driving either?

Geography wise, me and WalMan are in Littlehampton which is 20 miles west of Brighton.. Who's nearby and fancies a Bass Spods Day out to this then??

Nik[/quote]
Do you reckon it could come up the M23 and pick me up on route? I'll let you play my Groove the whole way there... :huh:

it's a bit of a drive for me but i think i can make it....will bring daphne(gb standard 4)and crystal(brand new status s2 with metallic laquer finish).sad i know but i bet most of us give em names!!haha...anyone for ebs td650 with neo 2x10 an 2x12?any interest in a ksd 70's jazz?

[quote name='bassace' post='125456' date='Jan 22 2008, 02:19 PM']I'll come and bring a Stagg EUB. Anyone interested in any of my URBs? - see below - It's a bit pointless lugging one along if there's no call.[/quote]

I'd defiantely like to try the Upton!

I've heard many great things about them, but decided not to get one without trying one and ended up buying an @100 year old one from this site which I am more than happy with. Would still like to see what the professors are like though.

Like to try the ebs rig...
[quote name='al embic' post='125445' date='Jan 22 2008, 01:58 PM']it's a bit of a drive for me but i think i can make it....will bring daphne(gb standard 4)and crystal(brand new status s2 with metallic laquer finish).sad i know but i bet most of us give em names!!haha...anyone for ebs td650 with neo 2x10 an 2x12?any interest in a ksd 70's jazz?[/quote]

[quote name='Mikey D' post='125500' date='Jan 22 2008, 03:23 PM']I'd defiantely like to try the Upton!

I've heard many great things about them, but decided not to get one without trying one and ended up buying an @100 year old one from this site which I am more than happy with. Would still like to see what the professors are like though.[/quote]

Mikey, I'll bring it. It's got Underwood and David Gauge pickups on it. I see from one of your posts that you like the DG - It doesn't seem to suit my bass so I'll be interested in your comments.

[quote name='Merton' post='125335' date='Jan 22 2008, 11:00 AM']Do you reckon it could come up the M23 and pick me up on route? I'll let you play my Groove the whole way there... :)[/quote]
There's an offer I can't refuse!!

Right; so that's Mert, WalMan and me in the Bass Bus and at £55 hire for the day + petrol that's already as cheap as trying to get there by train.. And definitely cheaper than going seperately..

Any other takers?

Really happy so many can make it. Sorry to those of you who can't. Hopefully we will have another really soon...

Just a heads up, there is going to be a raffle at the bash - details here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11982&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11982&hl=[/url]

I have updated the first post in this thread with the link, too.

Cheers
ped

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='124727' date='Jan 21 2008, 04:13 PM']Got a wedding on the Saturday (which we'll be playing at) but intend to come along.

I'll bring the Markbass and Schroeder and by 75 Mocha P-Bass if I come along.

Somehow I don't think my 5-String P bass will be ready by then :)[/quote]

The new under construction Shuker P5? Shame .. Guess I'll have to bring mine then:)
If I can swing it then the Shukers P5 and Modern 5 and I'll bung in the SX P too for a laff, like.
Probably have some seats available too .

[quote name='Sercet' post='125772' date='Jan 22 2008, 09:49 PM']If I make it, I'll bring one, two or three of Acoustic Image Focus amp, EA Wizzy cab, Takamine upright, Pino precision, 1962 precision, Rickenbacker 4001c64.

Do you have to be good at playing bass to attend, or can you just be an enjoyer?

Steve[/quote]

62 precision? You could be a guitarist playing drums with mallets an you'd still be welcome mate ...
What's it's serial number, by the way? :)

Edited by OldGit