Why become a member? ×

Anyone tried the Superfly specific cabs?

Jamesemt

...Just wondered what they are like...

Thinking in the not too distant future of starting a band, and would prefer some lightweight cabs as opposed to the 1x15 Peavey monster I have currently...got enough back problems :)

They seem like a lot of money, but would go with my Superfly head.

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='124256' date='Jan 20 2008, 06:22 PM']They seem like a lot of money, but would go with my Superfly head.[/quote]
Mine works fine with a single 1x10, but my single 1x10 has 106dB sensitivity. :)
As far as conventional cabs go I'd be looking at a pair of 4 ohm 2x10s with neo drivers. Leave one at home when you don't need it. Can't say about the specific Ashdowns.

[quote name='Bill Fitzmaurice' post='124317' date='Jan 21 2008, 02:05 AM']Mine works fine with a single 1x10, but my single 1x10 has 106dB sensitivity. :)
As far as conventional cabs go I'd be looking at a pair of 4 ohm 2x10s with neo drivers. Leave one at home when you don't need it. Can't say about the specific Ashdowns.[/quote]

Problem is finding 2x10s @ 4 Ohms...

I know Markbass do one for £400. Any others?

I've just bought a Superfly and went for a Yamaha BBT210-S 2x10 cab. This is 4 ohm, rated at 250 watts RMS, and only weighs 21kg. However, it's a discontinued model. I bought mine ex-dem from Rose Morris and I think they still have another one in stock.....

Hope this helps :)

[quote name='Krysbass' post='124490' date='Jan 21 2008, 12:25 PM']I've just bought a Superfly and went for a Yamaha BBT210-S 2x10 cab. This is 4 ohm, rated at 250 watts RMS, and only weighs 21kg. However, it's a discontinued model. I bought mine ex-dem from Rose Morris and I think they still have another one in stock.....

Hope this helps :huh:[/quote]

Ohhhh if only I'd sold my Strat I'd have had one of those :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='128089' date='Jan 25 2008, 11:19 PM']The 2x10 appears to be £479 in sound control and that compares favourably with other high quality 2x10's, no dis to the yammy.

Looks like quite a tall narrow cab so its probably gonna sound better than a side by side, but then you cant turn it on its side.[/quote]
ive got a superfly amp with a 2x8 and the 1x15 superfly cabs and im very pleased with them very powerful with my kingbass black beauty.
be interesting to know if anybody else has also used these cabs !!

Andy

[quote name='stratty' post='135321' date='Feb 6 2008, 09:26 PM']ive got a superfly amp with a 2x8 and the 1x15 superfly cabs and im very pleased with them very powerful with my kingbass black beauty.
be interesting to know if anybody else has also used these cabs !!

Andy[/quote]

Can you give us a review of them? What made you go for the 2x8 instead of the 2x10?

Was thinking of going for a 2x10 and a 1x15. Is one cab loud enough to rehearse with? Are the cabs really as light as they claim? I seem to remember the Superfly weight specs being a tad optimistic :)

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='136989' date='Feb 9 2008, 09:13 AM']Can you give us a review of them? What made you go for the 2x8 instead of the 2x10?

Was thinking of going for a 2x10 and a 1x15. Is one cab loud enough to rehearse with? Are the cabs really as light as they claim? I seem to remember the Superfly weight specs being a tad optimistic :)[/quote]hi james i bought the rig from my bass tutor he bought the 2x8 and 1x15 cab and the amp so thats how i ended up with the 2x8cab no other reason!!
each cab is 250 watts rms and are both loud enough for a gig you can use either cab for a gig the 2x8 is a more punchy crisp sound and the 1x15 is a more bottom end sound im really pleased with it .
hope that helps?

Andy