Why become a member? ×

The Second Amp

Mlucas

Hi, i am getting set to buy my second amp, as my small 45W practice job just isn't good enough, and i have read a few articles on the dreaded '2nd amp' purchase, but haven't reached any conclusion. I am looking for something which will pack a decent punch in practice and also be able to do small gigs, preferably something which can deal out mean lows as i primarily play metal. I have a price limit of £250 downwards, but will probably buy it second hand to save costs. So being the reliable, informative chaps you all are, what suggestions would you make?

Cheers,
Matt

Having used one of these, in a metal band, this would be a good buy:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=118100"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=118100[/url]

Plus, later on, you can always add in the 1x15 cab from the range.

Some people on here have not rated the MB range, due to reliability issues, but I`ve had 3 different models of this range (1 prac amp, 2 gigging amps) and not had any issues.

There was a Peavey Tour 450 head and matching 4x10" cab here on Basschat a couple of days ago that was within your budget. That would be a fantastic option, in my opinion. One studio I often go have those very amps/speakers and I really like their sound. If I were you I'd snap that amp & cab right now!